Dr. Muslu is an Associate Professor of Accounting and the coordinator of the department's doctoral program. Dr. Muslu has broad research interests in corporate disclosures, financial intermediaries, and corporate governance. His research has been published in leading accounting and finance journals. Dr. Muslu, who joined Bauer in 2012, has taught various financial accounting courses. Dr. Muslu holds a Ph.D. from Sloan School of Management at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- "Benefits of Public Reporting: Evidence from IPOs Backed by Listed Private Equity Firms" with S. Goktan. Journal of Corporate Finance 50: 669-688. (2018)
- "Corporate Social Responsibility Report Narratives and Analyst Forecast Accuracy" with S. Mutlu, S. Radhakrishnan, and A. Tsang. Journal of Business Ethics. (Accepted).
- "Analyst Tipping: Additional Evidence" with S. Markov and M. Subasi. Journal of Business, Finance, and Accounting 44: 94-115. (2017).
- "Credit Rating Agency and Equity Analysts' Adjustments to GAAP Earnings" with G. Batta. Contemporary Accounting Research 34: 783-817. (2017).
- "Forward-looking MD&A Disclosures and the Information Environment" with S. Radhakrishnan, K.R. Subramanyam, and D. Lim. Management Science 61: 931-948. (2015).
- "Sell-side Analyst Research and Stock Comovement" with M. Rebello and Y. Xu. Journal of Accounting Research 52: 911-954. (2014).
- "Analysts' Momentum Recommendations" with Y. Xue. Journal of Business, Finance, and Accounting 40: 438-469. (2013).
- "Textual Risk Disclosures and Investors' Risk Perceptions" with T. Kravet. Review of Accounting Studies 18: 1088-1122. (2013).
- "Shareholder Activism and CEO Pay" with Y. Ertimur and F. Ferri. Review of Financial Studies 24: 535-592. (2011).
- "Why are Recommendations Optimistic? Evidence from Analysts' Coverage Initiations" with Y. Ertimur and F. Zhang. Review of Accounting Studies 16: 679-718. (2011).
- "Book Review: The Timing of Income Recognition in Tax Law and the Time Value of Money". European Accounting Review 20: 595-598. (2011).
- "Market Demand for Conservative Analysts" with A. Hugon. Journal of Accounting and Economics 50: 42-57. (2010).
- "Executive Directors, Pay Disclosures and Incentive Compensation in Large European Companies". Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance 25: 569-605. (2010).
Academic Associations & Editorial BoardsAmerican Accounting Association European Accounting Association American Finance Association
Ph.D. in Accounting and Control
Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005.