Room Reservation Procedures
Faculty, staff and student reservation request form for Melcher Hall, Cemo Hall, and University Classroom and Business Building (UCBB)
Request a Reservation
- To request a reservation please use the above form
- Requests will be reviewed and assigned based on availability and compliance to University and College policies and regulations.
- A reply e-mail will be sent to you upon review to inform you if your request has been approved. If approved, you will be provided all necessary details with regards to using the space.
- Read the Event Planning Checklist to help with organizing your next event.
Note: Please read the Bauer Facilities Reservation and Use Policies. The start time and end time of your request should reflect the overall time you will need the space. Please be sure to account for set up and breakdown time. The doors will be programmed to be open based on the requested start and end times.
The Rockwell Career Center books these rooms on the first floor of Cemo Hall: 106 and Interview Overflow rooms. Cemo Hall Reservation System: http://reservation.bauer.uh.edu
Student Training Center
Please read the Policies and Procedures for booking the Student Training Center for an event.
Bauer Events Calendar
Faculty and staff may use the following link to submit event details to you have your event added to the main Bauer Calendar: https://www.bauer.uh.edu/bauercalendar/
Event Setup Requests
Faculty and staff may use the following link to log in: https://helpdesk.bauer.uh.edu/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa
- Use the same User Name and Password that you use to log into the Bauer network
- For event set up, select “Events Setup” for the Request Type
- In the Subject line put: “Event Set Up-for event on _____” and put the date of the event
- In the Request Detail you will need to include:
- how many tables and chairs you will need
- the location they are to be set up in
- a diagram of what configuration they should be set up in
- Provide any other necessary details, including the location of set up and the event name
- If you make last minute additions or changes to your work order, we will accommodate you as we are able
If your event requires an excess of equipment that we cannot accommodate, we will add a note to your ticket to let you know that you should put in a work order request for equipment rental via FAMIS **Note, this is a billable request for which you must provide a cost center.
Other Spaces Available at the University of Houston
If our spaces do not meet your event requirements, you may also refer to the following links:
- UC Conference and Reservation Services (UC CARS) Office at http://www.uh.edu/uc/uc_event_services/index.html
- How To page on the UH website at http://www.uh.edu/how-to/reserve-a-room-on-campus/
- Events Spaces/Reservation Office Contacts webpage at http://www.uh.edu/csi/organization_resources/event_spaces_reservation_office_contacts.html.
Cleanup via custodial services for ALL events must be put on a cleaning schedule. This includes evening and weekend events. You will need to fill out the online request form via FAMIS, which can be found on AccessUH at: https://accessuh.uh.edu/login.php. It is considered a “billable service”.
Parking reservations for the Dean’s four spaces in front of Melcher Hall should be sent to Lori Watley at email@example.com.
Visitors may park in the East Garage or the Welcome Center Garage. As both of these structures are parking garages, a visitor can simply park in the lots and pay the per hour fees associated with the garage. **Validation cards are available for purchase through Parking and Transportation, contact information below.
- PTS (Parking and Transportation Services): 713-743-1097 (main number)
- Welcome Center Parking Desk: 713-743-5839 (room 112B in the Welcome Center)
For any further questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hiring Checklist
- General Administrative Issues
- Staff Rewards
- Morale & Training Committee
- Business Continuity Plan
- Room Reservation Procedures
- Printing Center Procedures
- Links & Resources