Department of Accountancy & Taxation
- Our students are the most highly recruited of any Houston business school by large public accounting firms in Houston.
- We are 1 of only 14 universities in Texas to hold AACSB accreditation in Accounting.
- Our MSACCY program is ranked among the top 50 best graduate accounting programs by College Choice
- Our undergraduate program is ranked 3rd in Texas by the 2019 U.S. News & World Report ranking of top accounting undergraduate programs.
- Our Internal Audit Program is 1 of only 7 programs in the world and 1 of only 4 in the United States to be recognized as a Center of Excellence by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Our faculty’s research is ranked 4th in Texas and 30th in the world for years between 2012 and 2017 according to the BYU accounting rankings.
The Professional Program in Accountancy (PPA) is an Accelerated Pathway Dual Degree program designed to enable exceptional students to obtain their BBA and MSACCY degrees in 5 years. Learn More
The BBA in Accounting program teaches graduates how to work with financial information and how to communicate this information ethically and concisely. Learn More
Post-Baccalaureate, Master, Doctoral
The Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP) is a non-degree seeking program designed to help working professionals meet the academic requirements for CPA eligibility or qualify for the MSACCY program. Learn More
The MS Accountancy program is designed to help students complete the academic requirements for CPA eligibility and is customizable according to a student's area of interest. Learn More
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Doctoral (Ph.D.)
- Mission & Learning Goals
- Corporate Partners
- Student Life
- Internships & Careers