Frequently Asked Questions



The Application Process

  • All applications are carefully considered, and in some cases, additional information is needed before a decision is reached. Thus, applying well before the deadline date will allow ample time in case further information is needed. Additionally, applying early allows incoming students time to schedule an initial advising appointment, enroll, secure financial aid (if applicable), and obtain student visas (if applicable) well before the start of the semester.

  • Yes, students can apply to CAP during the semester in which they will complete their degree. To complete an application, we will need an official current transcript.

    If a student is admitted to CAP prior to their undergraduate degree being conferred, the decision is contingent upon successful completion of a bachelor’s degree. Students will not be able to enroll in CAP courses until an official transcript showing their degree conferred has been received.

  • No, these documents are not typically required for admission into CAP. If additional documentation is needed before an admission decision can be reached, the CAP Admissions Coordinator may ask for a resume and personal statement. Or, you may be invited for an interview.

  • No exceptions are permitted. Incomplete applications are not reviewed by the committee. All parts of an application, including official transcripts, must be received by the deadline.

English Language Proficiency

What to Expect After Acceptance

  • Yes, all new students are required to meet with their academic advisor for initial advising. Initial advising can be completed in-person or virtually. An advisor hold preventing enrollment will be placed on each new student's account and will not be removed until a student has completed this requirement.

  • Yes, the Tips for Success Orientation for new CAP students is program specific and will cover topics that differ from other UH orientations.

F-1 International Students