Department of Accountancy & Taxation
How to Apply as a Former UH Student
"Former" students are considered students who have taken undergraduate courses at UH. This includes former summer visiting and post-baccalaureate students.
Students who previously completed undergraduate coursework at UH Main Campus may apply by General Petition if they have not had an interruption of four consecutive semesters or 13 consecutive months between their last completed coursework at UH and the application semester. See the General Petitions Guidelines section for more information.
For questions regarding the former student admission process, please contact the CAP Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines & Addresses
Former Student Admissions Deadlines
Semester Domestic Applicants Spring December 1st Summer May 2nd Fall June 30th
- All applicants are required to have completed a 4-year bachelor degree (or equivalent) and have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA to be eligible for admission. Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- All application materials, including official transcripts, must be received by the deadline.
- The admission deadlines for students who left on academic probation or suspension differ from the deadlines listed above. Additionally, returning from suspension is not permitted for the summer term. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Mailing Address Physical Address University of Houston - Welcome Center
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
4434 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204
Professional Accounting Programs Office
CBB, Suite 304
4242 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-6021
Upon acceptance, new students are required to complete several steps prior to the start of their first term. For more information, see the What to Expect After Acceptance section.
A complete application must be received by the date indicated above and include all of the following items:
ApplyTexas Application Steps
- Create a new 4 year university undergraduate admissions application
- Target University: University of Houston- Main Campus (Houston)
- Application type: Readmit, Undergraduate
- First choice school: Bauer College of Business
- Major: Accountancy, CAP Program [PB only]
- Complete required fields
- Submit the $75 non-refundable application fee*
*Please understand that we cannot refund application fees. Therefore, take special care when choosing a program and selecting your intended semester of entry.
Once you have submitted your application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your application ID.
Official transcripts from each higher-educational institution attended must be submitted. Ask your college or university registrar to send your transcript data electronically through an EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) system, e.g. Speede. If this electronic option is not available to you, your transcripts can be mailed.
If UH already has all of your most up to date transcripts on file, you most likely do not need to resubmit your transcripts.
3. Résumé (optional)
Applicants can e-mail a copy of their most recent résumé highlighting professional and academic experiences, as well as recognizable accomplishments. This step is optional unless the CAP Admissions Coordinator contacts you for additional information needed to make an admissions decision.
Have you recently completed undergraduate coursework at UH Main Campus as an undergraduate student? You can apply via General Petition if you have not had an interruption of four consecutive semesters or 13 consecutive months between your last completed coursework at UH and the intended application semester. Please note, any former student who left UH while on Academic Suspension must submit the online application.
Former students entering CAP via General Petition do not need to submit the online application or application fee. Additionally, General Petitions can be submitted up to two weeks prior to the intended semester of entry.
Please contact the CAP Admissions Coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
- Academic Research
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Mission & Learning Goals
- Corporate Partners
- Student Life
- Internships & Careers