How to Apply as a Former UH Student

"Former" students are considered students who have taken undergraduate courses at UH. This includes former summer visiting and post-baccalaureate students.

Students who previously completed undergraduate coursework at UH Main Campus may apply by General Petition if they have not had an interruption of four consecutive semesters or 13 consecutive months between their last completed coursework at UH and the application semester. See the General Petitions Guidelines section for more information.

For questions regarding the former student admission process, please contact the CAP Admissions Coordinator at


Application Guidelines

  • Deadlines & Addresses

    Former Student Admissions Deadlines

    Semester Domestic Applicants
    Spring December 4th
    Summer May 1st
    Fall June 24th

    Please note:

    • All applicants are required to have completed a 4-year bachelor degree (or equivalent) and have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA to be eligible for admission. Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
    • All application materials, including official transcripts, must be received by the deadline.
    • The admission deadlines for students who left on academic probation or suspension differ from the deadlines listed above. Additionally, returning from suspension is not permitted for the summer term. Please e-mail for more information.



    Mailing Address Physical Address
    University of Houston - Welcome Center
    Office of Undergraduate Admissions
    4434 University Drive
    Houston, TX 77204
    Professional Accounting Programs Office
    CBB, Suite 304
    4242 Martin Luther King Boulevard
    Houston, TX 77204-6021

    Upon acceptance, new students are required to complete several steps prior to the start of their first term. For more information, see the What to Expect After Acceptance section.

  • Requirements

  • General Petition Guidelines