Antonio Gargano joined the C.T. Bauer College of Business in January 2021 and conducts research in the areas of FinTech, Household Finance, and Behavioral Finance. He was previously an Associate Professor of Finance at the University of Melbourne. His research has been published in highly respected academic journals, including the Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, and the Journal of Econometrics, and featured by several major news outlets (Reuters, CNBC, and Business Insider, and others). He has received several prestigious awards, including the Michael J. Brennan Award for best paper in the Review of Financial Studies in 2018; and the PanAgora Asset Management Crowell Prize in 2016. He has received research grants from INQUIRE Europe, the Fondecyt Foundation, and the Lusk Center, among others. In the recent past he has conducted research collaborations with several FinTechs worldwide: Gimme5 and Flowe (Italy), Realestate.com.au and BidTracker(Australia) and CLS Group (USA).
- Household Finance
- Behavioral Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- "Local Experiences, Attention, and Spillovers in the Housing Market", with M. Giacoletti and E. Jarnecic. Journal of Finance (forthcoming)
- Goal Setting and Saving in the FinTech Era", with A. Rossi Journal of Finance (forthcoming)
- "Out of Sync: Dispersed Short Selling and the Correction of Mispricing" with J. Sotes-Paladino. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (forthcoming)
- "Foreign Exchange Volume", with G. Cespa, S. Riddiough and L. Sarno. Review of Financial Studies (forthcoming)
- "Bond Return Predictability: Economic Value and Links to the Macroeconomy", with D. Pettenuzzo and A. Timmermann. Management Science (2019)
- "Does it Pay to Pay Attention?" with A. Rossi. Review of Financial Studies (2018)
- "The Freedom of Information Act and the Rate Towards Information Acquisition", with A. Rossi and R. Wermers. Review of Financial Studies (2017)
- "Complete Subset Regressions with Large Set of Predictors", with G. Elliott and A. Timmermann. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Controls (2015)
- "Predictive Dynamics in Commodity Prices", with A. Timmermann. International Journal of Forecasting (2014)
- "Complete Subset Regressions", with G. Elliott and A. Timmermann. Journal of Econometrics (2013)
Prof. Gargano received his Ph.D. in Finance from Bocconi University, a master's degree in Finance from the University of Pisa and a B.A. in philosophy from the University of Naples Federico II. He also worked as a junior portfolio manager at an asset management company in Italy.