BBA in Management
The Department of Management (MANA) offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in management. This area is excellent preparation for students who wish to study administrative sciences or are interested in general management and management trainee positions. Elective courses in leadership, human resources and strategic management are available to those interested in these specialized areas.
This major focuses on the behavior of individuals and groups within formal organizations, with particular emphasis upon the application of theory and research to management practice. Topics receiving primary emphasis include leadership and motivation of personnel, decision making, the adaptation of organizations to their environment and the planning for and use of human resources in both the public and private sectors.
For Management related internships and career positions, visit the UH Bauer College Rockwell Career Center.
The Management major consists of core classes, pre-business classes, required upper lever business courses, and specific Management coursework. Please see the general degree plan linked to above in the gray link box for more detailed information on courses.
- We encourage current students to meet with an academic advisor to select courses, get support, and stay on track. To schedule a meeting, email email@example.com.
- Students selecting Management as a major must declare by filing a degree plan. After completing pre-business classes and meeting all other requirements, students should fill out this online form to declare a Management major. **Please review the links for degree plans, requirements, and prerequisite information.
- Pre-business Advisor
- Management Advisor (must be declared)
- 2013-2014 Degree Plan
- 2014-2015 Degree Plan
- 2015-2016 Degree Plan
- Management Degree Plan
- Declare Management Major
- Management Course Descriptions & Prerequisites
- Prospective Students
- Business Majors
- Bauer Honors
- Business Minors
- Bauer in D.C. Internship
- Emerging Leaders Academic Success Program
Incoming Transfer Students
Join us Aug. 18, 2016 for an event just for new transfer students.
Spring 2016 Application is Closed
Questions about ELASP:
Emerging Leaders Academic Success Program
C. T. Bauer College of Business
University of Houston
334 Melcher Hall Room 262
Houston, TX 77204-6021
334 Melcher Hall, Room 262
Houston, TX 77204-6021