Supply Chain Management
Joining one of the Bauer College of Business student organizations provides students with leadership and professional development opportunities, social activities and lifelong friendships. Organizations bring in distinguished leaders to share their insights and experiences, organize mentoring opportunities with professionals and upperclassmen, and much more!
- Supply Chain Management Student Organization
- Energy Association
- Bauer Women’s Society
- Women’s Energy Association
- Alpha Kappa Psi
- Delta Sigma Pi
Learn more about student organizations.
Industry Engagement, Partnership, and Value
- Supply Chain Management Courses: Many of your Supply Chain Management courses include interactions with Industry Professionals, Hiring Managers, and Supply Chain Executives. Click on the course description links above for more information.
Supply Chain Management Student Organization: Our student organization provides many opportunities to expand your career possibilities including:
- Specialized Supply Chain Management Career Fairs
- Networking Mixers with hiring managers
- Résumé and Mock Interview Workshops
- SPO-Exclusive Supply Chain Management Internship and Job opportunities
- Plant Tours, Corporate Dinner Meetings, Peer Networking and Mentorship
- Educational Enrichment Programs and Specialized Industry Certifications
- Social and Philanthropy Events
- Industry Case Competitions: Our students regularly perform well in regional, national, and global Supply Chain Management Case Competitions. Your professors will be inviting you to participate in these opportunities to showcase Bauer’s amazing Supply Chain Management students.
Supply Chain Management Internships: These are opportunities for you to practice your classroom learning within a real business context while expanding your skills and establishing a professional network. Our Bauer Supply Chain Management students have a superb reputation among many global industry leading companies for contributing extensive Industry Value. You can explore internship opportunities through:
- Rockwell Career Center: the Bauer College of Business resource for career development
- SPO Bauer: the Supply Chain Management student organization
- University of Houston Career Services
As an International Hub for Global Supply Chain Management, Houston is a primary focus of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- The Port of Houston ranks as the nation’s largest port in international tonnage and second in total tonnage
- Houston supports three airports, which form the sixth-largest airport system in the world
- A massive trucking, rail, and pipeline system links the southern, south central, midwestern, and western United States
- More than 600 trucking firms operate in Houston
- Two major rail systems operate 14 mainline tracks radiating from Houston
- Houston Supply Chain Professional Organizations
The Next Step
Interested in also earning an Advanced Master’s Degree?
Consider applying for our Accelerated Pathways Masters of Science in Supply Chain Management
Take 6 additional hours of Graduate SCM Courses as a Senior and earn the MS-SCM within 12 months of graduation.