Bauer Undergraduate Academic Suspension
A business student already on Academic Probation who earns less than a 2.0 semester GPA at UH is put on Academic Suspension by the Bauer College of Business and the University of Houston. While a student is on Academic Suspension the student will not be able to enroll in classes at UH.
University policy mandates a minimum time period during which a student is ineligible to apply for readmission (see chart below).
|First Suspension||Second Suspension||Third Suspension|
Twelve (12) months
- Students with less than 60 hours are not automatically readmitted. Readmission for those students is very selective because pre-business majors must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA at UH to file a degree plan by the time they have completed 60 college credit hours.
- Students with 60 or more hours are not eligible for readmission to the Bauer College.
Procedure for Readmission
Students who wish to be considered for readmission to the Bauer College, must reapply to the University of Houston. You should review our admission requirements before reapplying and paying a non-refundable application fee.
Academic Fresh Start
University of Houston undergraduate students may elect to have all academic coursework completed at any institution of higher education 10 or more years prior to the time of application ignored for admission purposes. Once ignored, this coursework cannot be used to satisfy prerequisite or degree requirements at the University of Houston. The Academic Fresh Start Program is open to new and former students.
Academic Alternatives (for students who are not readmitted)
- Students should research other business programs at other colleges or universities.
- Students wishing to be readmitted to UH by another College should contact the academic advisor in that Department for more information about that College’s readmission policies and procedures.
- There are several colleges at the University of Houston which offer alternatives to specific business majors.
- Students may contact their pre-business advisor to discuss these options in greater detail or ask any other questions.
- Business Majors
- Bauer Honors
- Business Minors
- Bauer in D.C. Internship
- Success Programs