Academic Probation occurs when a student's cumulative GPA at UH falls below a 2.00. Until the cumulative UH GPA is at least 2.00, a student will remain on probation. Please review the material below for further information.
Academic Probation Policies
- While on Academic Probation, a student must earn a minimum 2.00 each semester to avoid Academic Suspension.
- Students on Academic Probation are required to meet with their academic advisor for an individual degree progress review before enrolling for a future term. The review may take into account a student’s past academic performance, career intentions and how continuing their business degree aligns with their professional goals.
- Pre-business majors must earn a 2.50 cumulative UH GPA as well as successfully complete all remaining requirements toward filing a degree plan to be in good standing and continue in the Bauer College. Students who are unable to achieve a 2.50 cumulative UH GPA with the remaining coursework needed to file a degree plan, cannot be guaranteed continuance in the Bauer College.
- Student who have already filed a degree plan are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor through your myUH account. To avoid delays during busier periods, we recommend getting advised early:
|Best Times to Get Advised|
|Summer or Fall Term
- Verify your current UH GPA: go to myUH, choose 'Student Service Center.'
- Avoid registering for coursework at another school, because that coursework will not affect your UH GPA and will make it more difficult to raise your GPA with your remaining UH coursework.
- Check your 'Student Service Center' for non-academic holds (click on 'Holds' then, click 'Details').
- Prior to your appointment, reflect on your recent academic performance by answering the questions on the Academic Self-Assessment.
- Based on your assessment of your academic performance, determine specific solutions to address those challenges.
- Determine which academic resources you will utilize next semester to assist you in your success.
- Familiarize yourself with UH academic probation policies by clicking on the link that reads "Academic Standing."
What to expect at your appointment
- Your advisor will provide you with a specific target GPA and hours needed to progress with your BBA. In some cases, your advisor may recommend alternative majors or programs outside of the Bauer College.
- Your advisor will ask you what caused your grades to fall and what solutions you will pursue to achieve success. Please bring the results of your self-assessment questionnaire to the appointment.
- Your advisor will discuss your specific options, identify special areas of focus for your future success and suggest academic resources to assist you in achieving your academic goals.
- Prospective Students
- High School Enrichment Programs
- Business Majors
- Bauer Honors
- Business Minors
- Bauer in D.C. Fellowship
- Emerging Leaders Academic Success Program
- Bauer Ambassadors
- Community Outreach
ELASP Spring 2019 Application is Closed
Questions about ELASP:
Emerging Leaders Academic Success Program
C. T. Bauer College of Business
University of Houston
334 Melcher Hall Room 262
Houston, TX 77204-6021
334 Melcher Hall, Room 262
Houston, TX 77204-6021