Thursday, February 21, 2019 | 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. | CBB 328
Apply for Bauer StrengthsQuest Series | Deadline to apply: February 13, 2019
This session will feature Sherri L. Osterlund, PHR, SHRM-CP. Sherri is the Director of Recruiting for TDECU and she is a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach.
Thursday, March 28, 2019 | 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. | CBB 522
Application will be sent directly to those students that have attended the introductory workshop.
*(Must have attended the introductory workshop in order to attend this session.)
"Do you have the opportunity to do what you do best every day?" Chances are, you do not. All too often, our natural talents go untapped. Full human potential is realized only when people are in a position to use their greatest talents. The Bauer StrengthsQuest Series will help you to discover your natural talents, teach you how to develop your talents into strengths and help you begin to understand how to apply your strengths during your experiences on campus and in the workplace. During the series, we will have meaningful discussions and interactive activities that will help you develop strengths by building on your greatest talents.
StrengthsQuest Series Learning Outcomes
By participating in the Bauer StrengthsQuest Series, students will:
- Understand the strengths-based approach versus the conventional approach to personal development.
- Understand the difference between talents, themes and strengths and how to develop talents into strengths.
- Evaluate their own understanding about what they do best and recognize the unique, but different, talents of others.
- Recognize the evidence of and discuss the role of their themes of talent in their personal behavior.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to be a Bauer student to participate in the series?
The series is open to current undergraduate students majoring/minoring in Business. Additionally, students do not have to meet a certain GPA requirement in order to participate.
2. May I participate in the Bauer StrengthsQuest Series if I completed the Ted Bauer Leadership Certificate Program (TBLCP) or the Bauer Officer Leadership Development (BOLD) Series?
Most of the content shared in this series is covered in the TBLCP workshops and BOLD Series therefore, TBLCP and BOLD participants are not encouraged to participate in this series.
3. Does it cost money to participate in the series?
The series is free of charge to all students. Each student will be provided with an access code that will allow you to take the assessment.
4. Are there any other dates and times for me to participate in this series?
Currently, these are the only dates and time that we will be offering the series. Additional dates and times may be added in the fall 2019 semester.
5. Who may I contact if I have additional questions?
You may contact Allison Keithly at email@example.com or Tierra Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.