The Bauer Officer Leadership Development (BOLD) Series, formerly known as The Bauer Leadership Council (BLC), is a leadership program designed for student organization officers who have a desire to serve as president of their student organization. Student organization presidents are encouraged to complete the BOLD Series either before becoming president, or while they are president.
The purpose of the BOLD Series is to equip student organization leaders with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively lead and inspire their members to fulfill the mission and goals of the organization. The BOLD Series will foster collaboration among Bauer student organizations and enhance the Bauer community by developing culturally competent, ethical, self-aware and success-oriented individuals that will be better prepared to serve their organization.
BOLD Series Learning Outcomes
By participating in the BOLD Series, student organization leaders will:
- Recognize and understand leadership foundational theories and models and demonstrate the ability to apply the theories to their student organizations.
- Exhibit a clear understanding of diversity, inclusion and intersectionality and how to lead with an appreciation and sensitivity to human difference.
- Enhance foundational skills needed to successfully lead, support and sustain Bauer student organizations.
- Discover and interpret their strengths as determined by CliftonStrengths for Students and understand how to leverage their personal leadership talents to be effective and influential.
- Develop an understanding of how to effectively lead change, resolve conflict, improve group dynamics and enhance team-building abilities.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other Bauer student organizations and recognize opportunities to share resources and ideas.