Department of Accountancy & Taxation
Oil & Gas Certificate
In order to qualify for the OG, students must complete:
|ACCT 4378||Oil & Gas Accounting 1|
|ACCT 4381*||Oil & Gas Accounting 2|
|ACCT 4382*||Oil & Gas Accounting 3|
|ACCT 4107||Oil & Gas Colloquium (fall offering only)|
* These courses require ACCT 4378 as a prerequisite.
In order to receive the OG students must:
- Complete three (3) required courses and one (1) colloquium listed specifically for the certificate. Courses cannot be substituted for the required list.
- Earn a minimum letter grade of “B” for each course, and a letter grade of “S” (satisfactory) for the colloquium.
- Earn a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative and accounting GPA .
Only BBA Accounting students are eligible to earn this certificate. This certificate will not be awarded to non-accounting majors.
In the Oil & Gas Colloquium, students attend presentations by representatives from Big‐Four, Mid‐Market, and Industry firms. The colloquium provides students with the opportunity to learn about the companies and develop relationships with representatives who provide internships and hire students with oil & gas expertise. Students must have a 3.0 cumulative and accounting GPA in order to take the colloquium. ACCT 4378 is a co‐requisite or prerequisite for the O&G Colloquium.
Certificates are awarded once grades are posted for the final semester of the BBA degree and the certificate requirements are verified. Certificates will be mailed 4-8 weeks after degree is posted.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Ph.D. Accounting
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us