Department of Accountancy & Taxation
Oil & Gas (O&G) Certificate
ACCT 4378, ACCT 4381 and ACCT 4382 are approved to fulfill the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy's (TSBPA) educational requirement of 30 hours of advanced accounting, if taken in Fall 2020 or later, however the TSBPA will only allow one of the three courses to be used toward that requirement. O&G courses completed prior to Fall 2020 cannot be used toward the accounting hours requirement. All four O&G courses are approved to fulfill the 150 hours of college credit. For information about the CPA eligibility, visit the TSBPA.”
To earn the O&G Certificate, a student must:
- complete three (3) required courses and one (1) colloquium listed specifically for the certificate. Courses cannot be substituted for the required list.
- earn a passing letter grade for each certificate course.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the 3 certificate courses.
- have a minimum cumulative and accounting GPA of 2.5.
- earn a letter grade of "S" (satisfactory) for the required colloquium.
O&G Certificate Courses
|Course||Course Title||Semester Availability|
|ACCT 4378||Oil & Gas Accounting 1||Fall and Spring|
|ACCT 4381||Oil & Gas Accounting 2||Spring Only|
|ACCT 4382||Oil & Gas Accounting 3||Spring Only|
|ACCT 4107||O&G Colloquium (Fall only)||Fall Only|
To enroll in the O&G Colloquium, a student must:
- have completed or have concurrent enrollment in ACCT 4378
- have a minimum cumulative and accounting GPA of 2.5
- if completed O&G course(s), have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in the O&G course(s)
Request Enrollment in the O&G Colloquium
To request enrollment in the O&G Colloquium or to learn more about the colloquium requirements, please contact the BBA Accounting Certificate Advisor, Barry Hutzell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a Certificate
To request a certificate or to learn more about certificate requirements, please contact the BBA Accounting Certificate Advisor, Barry Hutzell, at email@example.com.
Certificates are processed and usually mailed 4-6 weeks after the final grades are posted to the student's record.
- Academic Research
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Mission & Learning Goals
- Corporate Partners
- Student Life
- Internships & Careers