Seshadri received his PhD in Business Administration (concentration:Marketing) from University of Southern California. His research interests are in empirically answering interesting questions in digital media, marketing strategy and sales. His past honors include the John A. Howard/AMA Doctoral Dissertation Award (2012), Lehmann Award (2015) for best paper based on dissertation in Journal of Marketing/ Journal of Marketing Research and Best paper based on doctoral dissertation at European Marketing Conference (2009). He was a finalist for Bass Dissertation award (2014, Marketing Science) and had a honorable mention in Shankar-Spiegel Award (2008), instituted by Marketing EDGE (formerly Direct Marketing Educators Foundation).
- User Generated Content (UGC)
- Online Consumer Engagement
- Tirunillai, Seshadri and Tellis, Gerard (2012). Does Chatter Really Matter? Dynamics of User-Generated Content and Stock Performance. Marketing Science (31-2 p198-215)
- Mining Marketing Meaning from Online Chatter: Seshadri Tirunillai and Gerard J. Tellis (2014) Strategic Brand Analysis of Big Data Using Latent Dirichlet Allocation. Journal of Marketing Research. 51:4, 463-479
- Tirunillai, Seshadri, and Gerard J. Tellis (2017). "Does offline TV advertising affect online chatter? Quasi-experimental analysis using synthetic control." Marketing Science 36.6, 862-878.
- Bommaraju, R., Ahearne, M., Hall, Z. R., Tirunillai, S., & Lam, S. K. (2018). The Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Sales Force. Journal of Marketing Research, 55(2), 254-264.
- Bommaraju, R., Ahearne, M., Krause, R., & Tirunillai, S. (2019). Does a Customer on the Board of Directors Affect Business-to-Business Firm Performance? Journal of Marketing, 83(1), 8–23.
- 7137437113 (Pl avoid voice mail, send an email)
- MH 385C
- No Web Site Currently
- MARK 7365 (MBA) - Internet Marketing
- MARK 4365 (Undergraduate) - Internet Marketing
Ph.D (Business Administration)
University of Southern California
Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay
B.E (Hons) (Electrical and Electronics)
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani