Professor Yuping Zhao received her PhD degree in accounting from the George Washington University. Her research interest includes auditing and financial accounting.
- Financial reporting
- Earnings Management
- Pittman, J. and Y. Zhao. 2019. Debt Covenant Restriction, Financial Misreporting, and Auditor Monitoring. Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming.
- Bauer, A., Fang, J., J. Pittman, Y. Zhang, and Y. Zhao. 2019. How Aggressive Tax Planning Facilitates the Diversion of Corporate Resources: Evidence from Path Analysis. Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming.
- Fang, J., G. Lobo, Y. Zhang, and Y. Zhao. 2018. Auditing Related Party Transactions: Evidence from Audit Opinions and Restatements. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory 37(2):73-106.
- Zhao, Y., J. Bedard, R. Hoitash. 2017. SOX 404, Auditor Effort, and the Prevention of Financial Report Misstatements. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory 36(4):151-177.
- Lobo, G., C. Wang, X. Yu, and Y. Zhao. 2017. Material Weakness in Internal Controls and Stock Price Crash Risk. Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, forthcoming.
- Fang, J., J. Pittman, Y. Zhang, and Y. Zhao. 2017. Auditor Choice and Its Implications for Group-Affiliated Firms. Contemporary Accounting Research 34(1):39-82.
- Wang, Y., L. Yu, and Y. Zhao. 2015. The Association between Audit-Partner Quality and Engagement Quality: Evidence from Financial Report Misstatements. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory 34(8): 81-111.
- Lobo, G., and Y. Zhao. 2013. Relation between Audit Effort and Financial Report Misstatements: Evidence from Quarterly and Annual Restatements. The Accounting Review 88(4): 1385-1412.
- Kang, S., and Y. Zhao. 2010. Information Content and Value Relevance of Depreciation: A Cross-Industry Analysis. The Accounting Review 85(1):227-260.
- MH 390E
- No Web Site Currently
The George Washington University, PhD
Brigham Young University, MACC
Peking University, BA