Elizabeth Anderson Fletcher
Dr. Elizabeth Anderson-Fletcher is Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management in the Department of Decision and Information Sciences in the C. T. Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston, with a joint faculty appointment in the Hobby School of Public Affairs.
She is Faculty Director of Bauer Honors, Director of Accreditation in the Hobby School, and Associate Director of the UH First Responder Program in the Department of Psychology. She is also a volunteer firefighter in the Cypress Creek Fire Department/Harris County Emergency Services District #13 with eleven years of service, recently promoted to Captain. She serves as Safety Officer, Chaplain, and Associate Director of the department's mental wellness program.
Dr. Anderson-Fletcher was project director for First Responder Mental Health and Wellness, a grant awarded to Cypress Creek Fire Department by the Office of the Governor, State of Texas, Criminal Justice Division. She was instrumental in building Cypress Creek's mental wellness program, which offers firefighters peer support, chaplaincy services, and/or licensed professional counseling through a partnership with a clinical practice. She was a co-author of the Volunteer Combination Officers Section (VCOS)/International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Yellow Ribbon Report, Under the Helmet: Performing an Internal Size-up, A Proactive Approach to Ensuring Mental Wellness, with subsequent involvement in developing behavioral health curriculum for fire departments.
She has taught courses in production and operations management, supply chain management, service operations management, and health care operations at both undergraduate and graduate levels, including Executive MBA and doctoral. She currently teaches supply chain in the Bauer Honors program.
- First-Responder Mental Health and Wellness
- Mental Health Program Implementation
- Service Quality Management
- Healthcare Quality Management
Areas of Expertise
- Firefighter Mental Health and Wellness
- Implementing Mental Health Programs in Fire Departments
- Lebeaut, A., Zegel, M., Leonard, S. J., Healy, N. A., Anderson-Fletcher, E. A., & Vujanovic, A. A. (in press). COVID-19-related Medical Vulnerability and Mental Health Outcomes Among U.S. First Responders. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Anderson-Fletcher, E., Vera, D., & Abbott, J. (2017). How Mindful is Your Company? Lessons for Organizations from the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Ebola Crisis. Organizational Dynamics, 46, 4, 202-211.
- Murray, M. J., Chin, W.W., & Anderson-Fletcher, E. (2013) Satisfaction with ERP Systems in Supply Chain Operations. in Abdi, H., Chin, W. W., Vinzi, V. E., Russolillo, G., & Trinchera, L. (Eds.), New Perspectives in Partial Least Squares and Related Methods, Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics (Book 56), Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 295-313.
- Birx, D. L., Anderson-Fletcher, E., & Whitney, E. (2013). Growing an Emerging Research University. The Journal of Research Administration, 44, 1, 11-35.
- Gardner, Everette S. Jr., Anderson-Fletcher, Elizabeth A., and Wicks, Angela M., "Further Results on Focus Forecasting vs. Exponential Smoothing," International Journal of Forecasting, 2001, 17, 287-293.
- Canel, Cem, and Anderson-Fletcher, Elizabeth A., "Analysis of Service Quality at a Student Health Center," International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 2001, 14, 6, 260-267.
- Anderson-Fletcher, Elizabeth A., and Khumawala, Basheer M., "Total Quality Management and Re-engineering: Complimentary, Adversarial, or Evolutionary?," International Journal of Benchmarking for Quality Management and Technology, forthcoming.
- Canel, Cem, Rosen, Drew, and Anderson-Fletcher, Elizabeth A., "Just-in-Time is Not Just for Manufacturing: A Service Perspective," Industrial Management and Data Systems, 2000, 100, 2, 51-60.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Adams, Dennis A., "Assessing the Effectiveness of a Quality Program: Lessons from Employees," Production and Inventory Management Journal, 1997, 38, 4, 1-6.
- Gardner, Everette S., and Anderson, Elizabeth A., "Focus Forecasting Reconsidered," International Journal of Forecasting, 1997, 13, 501-508.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Zwelling, Leonard A., "Strategic Service Quality Management for Health Care," American Journal of Medical Quality, 1996, 11, 1, 3-10.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Zwelling, Leonard A., "Measuring Service Quality in a Cancer Center," International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 1996, 9, 7, 9-22.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Diaz, Joaquin, "Using Process Control Chart Techniques to Analyze Crime Rates in Houston, Texas," Journal of the Operational Research Society, 1996, 47, 871-881.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., "Judgmental and Statistical Methods of Peak Electric Load Management," International Journal of Forecasting, 1995, 11, 2, 295-305.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., "Measuring Service Quality at a University Health Clinic," International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 1995, 8, 2, 32-37.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., "High Tech v. High Touch: A Case Study of TQM Implementation in Higher Education," Managing Service Quality, 1995, 5, 2, 48-56.
- Anderson, Elizabeth A., and Ostrofsky, Benjamin, "Enhancement of the Knowledge Acquisition Process in Designing Expert Systems," The Annals of the Society of Logistic Engineers, 1990, 2, 1, 71-82.
Working PapersDill, J., Schimmelpfennig, M., & Anderson-Fletcher, E. (2022). Wounds of the Spirit: Moral Injury in Firefighters. Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance White Paper Series No. 1.
Lebeaut, A., Zegel, M., Healy, N. A., Anderson-Fletcher, E. A., & Vujanovic, A. A., Mindfulness, Resilience, and Wellness. In Buser, S., (co-editor), First Responder Mental Health: A Clinician's Guide, Springer