Jamie King Belinne
Jamie Belinne is the Assistant Dean for Career and Industry Engagement at the C.T. Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston, where she leads career services and experiential learning. Prior to joining UH, Jamie managed Recruiting and Staffing at The University of Texas at Austin. Earlier at UT, she built McCombs' first dedicated MBA Career Services division.
She has also worked in career services at Tulane's Freeman School of Business and at LSU. She is currently a Fulbright Specialist, and she is past president of the international MBA Career Services and Employers Alliance. She is the winner of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) 2012 Professional Change Maker Award for her initiatives around experiential education in large classes and the winner of the 2013 NACE Innovation Excellence Award in Diversity Programming for her e-book. As the author of "The Care and Feeding of Your Young Employee," she has worked with organizations around the country on inter-generational management issues and productivity improvement through leveraging diverse, interpersonal styles.
She was a member of Team USA 2009 for the ITU Long Distance Triathlon World Championships and Team USA 2011 for ITU Duathlon World Championships. She is an Ironman, an RRCA Certified Run Coach and a mother of two.
Areas of Expertise
- Intergenerational Management
- Leveraging Diverse Workstyles
- Conflict Management
- Women in Leadership
- Belinne, J.K., Dauwalder, B., Epling, W.S., Kovach J.V., & Merchant, F.A. (2016). Career options after tenure, The Chronical of Higher Education.
- Carlin, Barbara, Betsy D. Gelb, Jamie Belinne, and Latha Ramchand, "Bridging the Gender Gap in Confidence," Business Horizons, 2018
- Kim, Atwater, L., Yoon, H.-J., & Belinne, J. (2021). Evidence for Gender Effects in Asymmetric Effects of Upward and Downward Envy. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2021(1), 11295. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMBPP.2021.11295
- The Care and Feeding of Your Young Employee
- Connecting Bauer to Business
- Connecting College to Corporate
- CEMO 229
- Visit Web Site
- BUSI/GENB 3302: Connecting Bauer to Business
- GENB 3301: Connecting College to Business
- GENB 7197: The Art of Negotiation
- GENB 4397: Professional Network Building
- MANA 4353: Management Training and Career Development
PhD, Texas Tech University