Business Plan Competition for High School Students
Hosted by the Cyvia and Melvyn Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship
at the C. T. Bauer College of Business and the Downtown Rotary Club of Houston.
Are you a current sophomore or junior
who wants to own your own business?
Think Tank 2019, a business plan competition, is just for you!
Participants will have the opportunity to submit a business plan,
be mentored and compete for prize money. The competition
is open only to students from high schools and programs
within Houston and the surrounding areas.
NOTE: In order to participate in this competition, all sponsors and team members must attend the Enterprise Workshop on Friday, February 1, 2019. The finalists will be announced on Monday, February 18, 2019 and those teams and their sponsor will be required to present the team’s final business plan on Friday, March 1, 2019
- Applicants must submit a one pager on their idea/technology.
- Applicants must submit the final slide deck intended to use.
- Slide deck must include:
- Type of business
- Who is your customer?
- What is the pain you are solving?
- Business Model
- Market Size
- Basic Financials
- Applicants must submit a YouTube video (not longer than three minutes) introducing the team and idea/technology.
- Ten finalists will be chosen.
- There is no fee for entry.
- Initial screening of entries will be done by WCE according to their own criteria to arrive at a number of finalists.
- Selected finalists will have up to five minutes to present their idea at the final judging event. Three minutes will be allocated for Q&A. The final presentation must include a PowerPoint.
- Submissions may be entered by individuals or teams (up to 5 members).
- Each entrant may enter only one idea.
- Entries must be the original work of entrants.
- It is mandatory for the sponsor and team members to attend Enterprise Workshop on Friday, February 1, 2019
- It is mandatory for the finalists (sponsor and team members) to attend Business Plan Competition on Friday, March 1, 2019
- Prospective Students
- High School Enrichment Programs
- Business Majors
- Bauer Honors
- Business Minors
- Bauer in D.C. Fellowship
- Emerging Leaders Academic Success Program
- Bauer Ambassadors
- Community Outreach
ELASP Spring 2019 Application is Closed
Questions about ELASP:
Emerging Leaders Academic Success Program
C. T. Bauer College of Business
University of Houston
334 Melcher Hall Room 262
Houston, TX 77204-6021
334 Melcher Hall, Room 262
Houston, TX 77204-6021