Bauer Honors Advising
Bauer Honors students have a designated advisor who will get to know you and your academic goals personally:
Students with last names A – K:
Office: 250A Melcher Hall
Students with last names L – Z:
Academic Advisor, Bauer Honors
Office: 250B Melcher Hall
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment
The University of Houston is using a mobile and online system called Navigate to schedule advising appointments. Students can now schedule all advising appointments right from their phone through the Navigate app. Follow the steps below to schedule an advising appointment with the Navigate app. Or, download the instructions here.
- To download the Navigate app, search for "Navigate Student" in the Apple Store or on Google Play
- Login to Navigate app with your CougarNet ID and password.
- Click the purple Appointments icon.
- Click Schedule an Appointment
- Select “Business Advising” and “Bauer Honors.”
(The Bauer Honors Commons should then appear as the location.)
- Click Bauer Honors Commons and you should then see Colleen and Sarah listed.
- Click on your preferred advisor in order to view their available appointments.
- Select an available appointment time.
- Review your appointment details, add a comment for what you’d like to discuss, request an appointment reminder by email or text, and click Confirm to save your appointment.
Items your advisor can help you with during advising include:
- Determining your business major and how and when to get involved in your major.
- Seeking help with your classes and assistance with academic resources to keep your grades up.
- Referrals to resume building experiences and opportunities on campus.
- Planning your course schedule for the next semester to ensure you take classes that will apply towards graduation.
- Making sure you avoid course combinations that are too difficult or unrealistic for your schedule.
- Discussing the Senior Honors Thesis and how to get involved in undergraduate research.
- Helping you plan for graduation and determine your target graduation date.
- Anything else you need help with to be successful in college!
All Bauer Honors students are required to have at least one advising session per semester. However, you are welcome to meet with your advisor more often than once a semester if you would like!
Remember, Bauer Honors students can register for classes as early as one week before the general university so be sure to schedule your advising appointment early in the semester! Go to Navigate to schedule your appointment today.
- Why Bauer Honors
- Apply Now!
- Current Students
- Bauer Honors Calendar
- Contact Us
Bauer Honors Program