Curriculum & Course Offerings
The Bauer Honors Program provides students with exclusive access to Honors business courses in each business discipline. Our small, discussion-based classes allow students to interact closely with professors and classmates. All Bauer Honors classes are taught by experienced faculty and include in–depth exploration of course material through case studies, engaging research projects, and intensive writing assignments. The first-rate education achieved through Bauer Honors curriculum provides students with a competitive advantage when entering the job market or pursuing graduate education.
Curriculum Requirements for Bauer Honors Students
In addition to the 10hrs of Human Situation coursework required of all Honors College students, Bauer Honors students must complete a minimum of 18hrs of Business Honors curriculum (6 courses), including:
- SCM 3301H Service and Manufacturing Operations (this is the Honors Colloquium requirement for Business)
- Minimum of 15hrs, 9hrs of which must be advanced (junior or senior level), selected from:
- ACCT 2301H Accounting Principles I – Financial
- ACCT 2302H Accounting Principles II – Managerial
- BCIS 1305H Introduction to Computers and Management Information Systems
- FINA 3332H Principles of Financial Management
- MANA 3335H Introduction to Organizational Behavior and Management
- BUSI 2305H Business Statistics
- MARK 3336H Elements of Marketing Administration
- BUSI 1301H Business Principals in a Global Economy
- INTB 3355H Global Environment of Business
- INTB 4397H/HON 4375 Capstone Seminar in Globalization (Required course for the Certificate in Global Studies and Research; learn more about this certificate in the UH Academic Catalog)
Each of the above courses is offered in both the fall and spring semesters.
The 18hrs of Business Honors curriculum can be applied towards the 36hrs of total Honors coursework required by The Honors College.
ECON 2302H Microeconomics is offered in the fall semester and ECON 2301H Macroeconomics is offered in the spring semester. Honors ECON courses can be applied towards the 36 total honors hours needed, but will not count towards the 18hrs of business honors required coursework.
Click here to view the Bauer Honors Degree Plan.
Petitioning for Honors Credit
Classes which are not offered in an Honors section may be petitioned for honors credit. Check the Honors College Coursebook for business classes that are recommended to be petitioned for honors credit. Completed petitions must be submitted to The Honors College within the first three weeks of the semester. To access the Honors Credit Petition form, click here.
Note: No more than two courses may be petitioned for Honors credit in any semester. Honors petitions will not be accepted or approved for the following: GOVT 2306, GOVT 2305, a non-honors section of a course flagged with an “H” in the Honors Coursebook, or courses taken during the summer.