Admission eligibility for the Online Master of Science in Accountancy Program (MSACCY) requires a four-year undergraduate degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited institution.
All required documents, application fee, and test scores must be received by the deadline date.
For inquiries regarding the application process, please contact the MSACCY admissions team at email@example.com.
There are specific prerequisite courses that must be completed to be considered for admission.
Part of the UH Extend Programs
The University of Houston refers to the new Bauer Online Programs as "UH Extend" programs. Be sure to select the "UH Extend" option for the program you are interested in when using the online application form.
Submit an application through Applyweb. The cost to apply for all Specialized Masters is $50 domestic and $80 international.
We value the extraordinary talents, experiences, and diversity that veterans bring to the Bauer Specialized Master's program. In recognition of your service, Bauer College of Business commits to waiving the application fee. Please contact us in order to receive your unique, one-time use waiver code.
Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Transcripts from each higher-educational institution attended must be submitted. Official hard copy United States transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope from the issuing higher-education institution to the regular mail or express mail address listed below.
If UH main campus has your most up-to-date official transcripts from all other institutions attended, the transcripts do not have to be resubmitted.
In addition, current or former UH-main-campus students do not have to submit UH-main-campus transcripts.
Official transcript(s) should be sent to:
University of Houston
4400 University Drive
Houston, TX 77004
University of Houston
5000 Gulf Freeway
UH Technology Bridge
Building No. 3, Rm. 170
Houston, TX 77204-2105
Electronic or “Speede” Transcript:
Within the U.S., the fastest way to send your transcript is electronically. Please inquire at your previous institution about this option. Electronic transcripts can be delivered via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or General Record Examination (GRE) score, that is less than five years old, is required for admission. Scores must be valid at the time of application submission.
Please use the following school codes:
GMAT/GRE Waivers are available!
Three types of GMAT/GRE waivers are currently offered:
- GMAT/GRE can be waived for applicants who graduated with a bachelor's degree from UH main campus within the 3 years preceding the term for which they are applying with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- GMAT/GRE waived for applicants who hold a terminal doctoral degree, including MD, JD, or PhD, from UH main campus or any other regionally-accredited domestic institution. For more information, please visit the UH Graduate Catalog.
- GMAT/GRE waivers may be available for qualified applicants on a case-by-case basis.
Note: In order to request a GMAT/GRE waiver, you must submit an online application and all other admission requirements for admissions committee review.
Please upload a copy of your most recent resume, highlighting your professional and academic experiences, as well as recognizable accomplishments to your online application.
In one or two pages, discuss what motivates you, how your personal experience has shaped you, and how you envision yourself leveraging the Online MSACCY degree opportunity to reach your future goals.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation should be completed by professors, employers, or professionals having direct knowledge of the applicant. Applicants will be required to enter an email address for their recommenders which will allow an online form to automatically be sent to the recommender.
Applicants may track the status of recommendation letters via the "Manage your recommenders" section of the application portal.
An applicant is considered international if they are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. Additional transcript and proof of English language proficiency may need to be met. See the links below for more information about the additional documents that may be required for international applicants. Please follow the links below for more information.
Guidelines for Transcript Information - All graduate students are required to provide proof of the attainment of a Bachelor's degree before enrolling at the University of Houston. Credential Evaluations are completed in house at the Graduate School, and outside evaluations will not be accepted.
English Language Proficiency Requirements - All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship status, must demonstrate proficiency in English to obtain admission to the university. Please visit the UH Graduate School's English Language Proficiency Requirements webpage for more information about this requirement and minimum exam required scores.
*Please be advised that Bauer College of Business does not currently waive the English language requirement based on completion of UH Language and Culture Center Level 6 for graduate programs. Our college-level requirements may differ from other University of Houston graduate programs.
NOTE: International students must have a four-year degree from an accredited university to apply for a graduate degree at UH main campus. Three-year degrees are not considered equivalent. Students with a three-year degree will likely need to complete the equivalent of a four-year degree before being eligible for admission to a graduate program at UH main campus.
What to Expect After You Have Applied
Once you have submitted your application, you will begin receiving correspondence from our Admissions Team.
- You should receive a welcome email from our Admissions Team within a week after submission.
- If you are missing items, you will be notified via email on a weekly basis.
- You may login at any time to your online application and check your application status under the View Checklist tab.
- Upon submission of all required application documentation, you should receive an update on your status within two to three weeks.
- Official decisions are sent electronically through the online application system.
Stay in contact with us — did you recently receive a promotion, receive new test scores or have any other significant updates that you'd like for us to consider with your application? Let us know by contacting our admissions team.
Steps After Admission
- Login to Applyweb and accept or decline the offer of admission. All applicants have two weeks after receiving their letter to accept our offer and reserve their seat in our class.
- New MSACCY students are required to attend a program specific orientation prior to the start of their first term. During this orientation, students will have the opportunity to learn about the UH Graduate Catalog Policies, Rockwell Career Center, becoming CPA eligible, scholarships, financial aid, etc.
- In addition to orientation, each new student must meet with their MSACCY Advisor for a one-on-one advising session. These sessions are typically 45 minutes in length and are conducted remotely.
- Due to the importance and prevalence of Microsoft Excel, we've teamed with Cengage to design a series of online Microsoft Excel courses. The online course is called Skills Assessment Manager (SAM). Each newly admitted MSACCY student is required to complete all assigned Excel 2019 projects in SAM prior to the start of their first semester.
- Before enrolling in courses, all new graduate students must submit proof of a completed Bachelor's degree. If an applicant does not submit the necessary documents to post their degree in our system as part of their application package, they will not be able to enroll in classes until the required document(s) are received.
New MSACCY students have the unique opportunity to be paired with a faculty mentor or program alumnus during their first semester in the program through the MSACCY Mentor Program.