Alternatives to an Accounting BBA or PPA

Students may select any other major of interest, then return to UH as a post-baccalaureate student for the Certificate in Accountancy Program, which will provide the accounting hours needed for the CPA exam (an accounting degree is not required for the CPA). For more specific questions about the CPA, contact the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.

Also, the Internal Audit Certificate is open to all majors.