Orientation Success Guide
Things to Do Before and After Your New Student Orientation
- Make sure you have satisfied the math placement requirement.
- You must have completed a college level math course or passed the math placement exam in order to satisfy the math placement requirement.
- Bring any updated AP scores reports and college transcripts if you took dual credit/college credit at a community college so that your process for choosing/enrolling in classes can be facilitated.
- Browse through the Bauer Website to become familiarized with Bauer before your arrival to the college.
- Be aware of the holds that you may have on your Student Center profile in your myUH account so that you can clear them when you get to campus.
- When you register for classes, make sure to plan a schedule with not many time-consuming classes. It will be your first semester at the University of Houston—start off your semester calm and then go from there.
- Be ready and prepared to learn (almost) everything about Bauer and why we are a place Where Awesome Happens!
- Remember that you can change your schedule all throughout the summer, until a week before school starts. Keep in mind that there will be more orientations, so if you wish to add/drop a class, do so in a timely manner.
- If you have not yet submitted updated transcripts (both high school and dual-credit/college transcripts, if applicable), make sure to do so as soon as possible and immediately after your orientation session.
- If you can, visit the campus a few more times throughout the summer to get familiarized with where things are on campus. Go to Melcher Hall, CBB, and Cemo Hall and explore around to see where your classes will be. You won’t be so lost when you get here!
- Make sure to download the “UH Redline” application on either the App Store or Google Play Store. This app shows you a map around campus; you can enter the location of your class (for example, MH 160) and it will act as a Google Maps which will direct you to that specific location on campus.
- If you have any sort of questions related to Bauer, or the University in general, you can email your Peer Assistants and they will be more than happy to answer any questions!
- Get ready for a new, adventurous, and exciting chapter of your life! See you in the Fall, and #GoCoogs!