Inclusive Leadership Institute
Transforming the Workforce, Together.
Phillips 66 DEI Case Competition
Hosted by the Inclusive Leadership Initiative
at the C. T. Bauer College of Business
Prize Money Generously Funded by Phillips 66
Friday, November 11th, 2022
Application will open on September 12, 2022 and close on October 5, 2022.
How to close the wealth gap in:
• Racial & Ethnicity
• Any Other Group
Rules & Instructions
There is no application fee. This competition is FREE.
Application may be entered by teams of 3 to 5 members.
Each team member must be either a Business Major or Business Minor student. Exemption: Allowing students in BUSI 1301, BUSI 3300 and FINA 3332 to compete.
It is mandatory for at least one team member to attend the Info Session & Workshop on Friday, October 14, 2022 (virtually).
At the upcoming Info Session & Workshop , teams will be given the case study and additional information about the competition.
If you have any questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have to know about Phillips 66?
Do you have to mention Phillips 66 in your presentation?
What are the team requirements?
- Each team is composed of 3 to 5 members.
- If there is any changes between your members, please notify us immediately.
- At semi-finals and final, it is mandatory that at least 3 members present in order to qualify. For example, if a team of 5 has one or two members drop, the team can still compete with 3 members.
- If your team places either 1st or 2nd or 3rd, only the presenters will be awarded with the monetary prize.
Can you withdraw from competition after attending the info session & workshop?
- Yes, please notify us immediately.
What will the info session & workshop cover?
- What is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion?
- The competition's case study or topic.
- Presentation guidelines.
- Judging criteria.
- More details about the day of competition.
- Answering any questions you and your team may have.
What are the presentation guidelines?
- Canva is accepted.
- Presentation must be between 8 to 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A
- Each classroom will have a proctor and timekeeper with countdown signs of how many minutes you have left to present and how many minutes you have left for Q&A.
What to expect on the day of competition?
- All teams will present in the semi-finals. Judges will select the Top 5 teams to move to the final. Therefore, if you do go to the final, you will be present your presentation again to a new set of judges.
- Yes, both the semi-finals and final will take place on the same day.
Who are the judges?
- We will have representatives from Bauer and Phillips 66 be judges on both semi-finals and final.
Is the monetary award split between members or is it for each individual member?
- It will be split between members.
Is the monetary award for yours to keep or does it go on your student account?
- Yours to keep.