We will begin accepting Bauer Student Organization Room Requests at 8:00am on January 8, 2014. UH will complete the assignment of classrooms for courses at the end of the second week of classes. During the third week of classes, we will review room requests and notify you of the results by January 31, 2014. Please do not schedule any events until the week of January 13 since UH uses the time between the beginning of the semester through the second week of classes to move classes to appropriate classrooms.
If you need a room prior to that time, one possibility would be to contact the UC now to check on availability, or visit the following link for other reservation resources:
When submitting room requests, keep in mind that Student Organizations will be limited to two reservations per week. Rooms within Bauer are designated as General Purpose Classrooms by the University and academic classes have precedence over the scheduling of events which may lead to your event being cancelled to accommodate Academic needs. By submitting a room request within Bauer, you agree to adhere to the following policies:
- No food or drinks permitted.
- Do not enter the room prior to approved start time. Academic classes have
priority at all times and should never be disturbed, even if they remain in the
room past the usual time.
- Classes may be in progress—please keep noise outside the room, as well as inside
the room, to a minimum.
- Each room has a table and chair and a computer console at the front of the room.
- If your event requires additional tables and chairs, send an email to Samantha
Landry (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve tables for your organization’s events
as soon as you receive a confirmation for your room reservation.
- Additional furniture from other areas cannot be brought into the room; if any
furniture is moved within the room, please make sure the room is ready for the
next class time with furniture appropriately in place.
- Access to computer equipment must be requested from Bauer Division of Technology at (713) 743-4871 well in advance of the event
date. Note that support for computer access is available only Monday-Friday.