2015 Oil & Gas Case Competition
The purpose of the case competition and conference will be to engage undergraduate and graduate students at universities in the state of Texas in an oil & gas case competition with a pitch for recommended corporate finance transactions.
Alongside our sponsors, Halcon Resources, Talos Energy, and the Global Energy Management Institute, the Investment Banking Scholars Club would like to cordially invite you to participate in the Oil & Gas Case Competition and Conference at the University of Houston on Oct. 30, 2015.
Our event provides students and professionals with an opportunity to learn about the dynamic energy industry, showcase their skills to recruiting firms, as well as build their résumé and network in the energy capital of the world.
We have the privilege of welcoming Tim Duncan, CEO of Talos Energy, and Mark Mize, CFO of Halcon Resources, among other prominent industry leaders in attendance.
Participants can expect to:
- Model and pitch the private equity acquisition and development of Halcón Resources’ assets, in one of the most comprehensive case studies in oil and gas, developed by the Global Energy Management Institute
- Receive face-to-face judging by investment banking, private equity, and energy finance professionals, who are actively recruiting for summer and full time placement
- Receive comprehensive modeling guidance, with personalized feedback from judges
- Compete for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place scholarship
- Groups of 2-4 participants
Oct 5th: Case release to competitors
Oct 16th: Check-in / case consulting and support
Oct 27th: Cases due
Oct 30th: Presentation & Conference
Bankers from bulge bracket, middle market, and boutique banks will be sponsors, judges, and panelists. These banks are involved for educational and recruitment purposes and we urge conference attendees to come prepared to network.
Dr. Praveen Kumar
Chair of Finance Department
Dr. Tom George
Director of Cougar Investment Fund
President, Investment Banking Scholars Club
Education, Investment Banking Scholars Club
Point of Contact
If you are not competing in the conference but would like to attend, would like to have a large group attend, or have any other questions, please contact us.
|* Denotes required field