Graduate and Professional Programs
Master of Science in Finance Program
Assistant Director of Admissions
Why MS Finance?
Naomi Muchai discusses why a Master of Science in Finance at the C. T. Bauer College of Business will give her a competitive advantage and help her further her career.
The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program provides students with a rigorous and comprehensive training in business valuation, corporate financial management, securities research, asset management, derivative pricing, and fixed income.
The program consists of 36 credits of graduate study, which includes 9 credits of required foundation courses, 6 credits of required advanced courses, and the remaining credits from elective courses. Students may tailor the program to specific career tracks listed below.
In addition to the pure finance tracks listed above, MSF students may also choose to specialize their program to the energy and real estate industries.
Key Program Highlights
Emphasis on experiential learning:
- The Cougar Investment Fund (CIF) is a multi-million dollar private investment fund that is managed by selected MBA and MS Finance students.
- Investment and Portfolio Management Project is a 6-credit course taught by an industry expert that uses a virtual fund to simulate the fund management experience.
- Industry Consulting Project allows students to earn 3 credits over the summer while working on a real-life industry project.
- Finance faculty produce high-quality research that is widely published in leading finance, economics and management journals.
- Clinical faculty are senior executives in the energy, financial management, and real estate industries.
Placement Support from the Rockwell Career Center, which caters only to the students and alumni of the C. T. Bauer College of Business.
MSF Advisory Board
The MS Finance Advisory Board comprises successful finance industry professionals who are highly committed to the Bauer MS Finance program. The primary roles of the advisory board are to: (1) provide inputs on MSF curriculum initiatives; and (2) facilitate industry contacts and networks for MSF students. The current members of the advisory board are as follows:
Wells Fargo Securities, LLC
Joe Corkin, CFA
Davis/Chambers & Company, Ltd.
John G. Keeton, CFA
Jeffrey D. Detwiler, CFA, AAMS
Partner and Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
Garcia Hamilton & Associates, L.P.
Allen Lewis, CFA
Associate Director, O&P – Americas Business Decision Analysis Group
- Spring Start Programs
- Full-Time MBA
- Professional MBA
- Executive MBA
- MS Specialized Programs
- Joint Degrees
- Energy MBA
- Bauer GMAT Prep
- Current Students
- Information Sessions
- Contact Us