How to Apply
The University of Houston requires all potential graduate students to have either a four-year bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) to be eligible for graduate admissions. Credential evaluations are completed in-house at the UH Graduate School, and outside evaluations will not be accepted. Post-bachelor’s professional work experience is strongly preferred and you may also need to take the GMAT or GRE.
GMAT Test Waivers
Any applicant who is able to demonstrate strong quantitative skills through their prior academic work and recent professional experiences may be admitted without taking the GMAT/GRE tests.
Part of the UH Extend Programs
The University of Houston refers to the new Bauer Online Programs as "UH Extend" programs. Be sure to select the "UH Extend" option for the program you are interested in when using the online application form.
Submit an application through Applyweb. The cost to apply for all MBA programs and Specialized Masters is $50 domestic and $80 international.
We value the extraordinary talents, experiences, and diversity that veterans bring to the Bauer MBA program. In recognition of your service, Bauer College of Business commits to waiving the application fee. Please contact us in order to receive your unique, one-time use waiver code.
The online application will include questions on the following topics:
- Personal Information
- Program of Choice
- Academic History
- Test Information (GRE, GMAT, Test of English Language Proficiency)
- Resume/Goal Statement
- Benefits & Financial Aid
- Emergency Contact Information
- Letter of Recommendation
- Texas Residency Questionnaire
Disclaimer: Subject to change without notice. Please contact your Admissions Representative if you have specific questions about the application.
Applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Scanned copies of official transcripts may be uploaded as PDF files to your online application. If admitted, however, you will not be able to enroll without the official transcript(s) showing your undergraduate degree conferral on file.
Official transcript(s) should be sent to:
University of Houston
P.O. Box 3947
Houston, TX 77253-3947
University of Houston
4302 University Dr. Rm 102
Houston, TX 77204-2012
Electronic or “Speede” Transcript:
Within the U.S., the fastest way to send your transcript is electronically. Please inquire at your previous institution about this option. Electronic transcripts can be delivered via email to email@example.com.
Scanned official copies or self-reported scores must be included in your online application. GMAT and GRE test scores are valid for five years after the test date. Scores must be valid at the time of application submission.
GRE - ETS school code: 6870
Please upload a copy of your most recent resume, highlighting your professional and academic experiences, as well as recognizable accomplishments to your online application.
In one to two pages, discuss what motivates you, how your personal and professional experience has shaped you, and how you will maximize the Bauer MBA to reach your future goals.
Letter of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required. These recommendations are gathered electronically through the online application system. You will be required to enter an email address for your recommender which will allow an online form to automatically be sent to your recommender.
What to Expect
After You Have Applied
Once you have submitted your application, you will begin receiving correspondence from our Admissions Team.
- You will receive a welcome email from our Admissions Team within 24-48 hours of submission.
- If you are missing items, you will be notified via email on a weekly basis.
- You may login at any time to your online application and check your application status under the View Checklist tab.
- Upon submitting all required application documentation, you should receive an update on your status within two to three weeks.
- Interviews are the next required step for applicants who have been selected to continue the admissions process. Not every applicant is invited for interview. The interviews are by invitation only. For interview preparation tips/tools, please visit www.mba.com.
- Official decisions are sent electronically through the online application system.
Stay in contact with us — did you recently receive a promotion, receive new test scores or have any other significant updates that you'd like for us to consider with your application? Let us know by contacting our admissions team.
Steps After Admission
- Login to Applyweb and accept or decline the offer of admission. All applicants have two weeks after receiving their letter to accept our offer and reserve their seat in our class. A $500 confirmation deposit will be due within THREE weeks of acceptance. (Note: This deposit will be applied towards the first semester tuition.)
- Complete the New Student Survey. A link to complete this survey may be found in your offer letter.
- Download the CampusGroups App and select Bauer College of Business. You will use this application often, throughout your MBA career to connect with fellow students and staff members, access information on registration and academic advising, as well as register for upcoming events.
- Login to Applyweb and confirm that your official transcripts and official exam scores have been sent to the University of Houston. Official copies are required in order to begin enrolling in courses. For International students, please be sure that you have uploaded all required documents needed for your F1 visa.
- Be on the lookout for correspondence from our team regarding orientation, financial aid and registration.
- Register for classes.
Orientation for our newly admitted students is a mandatory component to your program. The sessions we offer are comprehensive and essential to your academic achievement in the graduate program. We offer engaging sessions with our academic team, Rockwell Career Service team, selected faculty, and other pertinent departments on campus. During orientation you will not only attend the sessions but you will also have the opportunity to meet your new classmates and network with our senior students in the program.
The length of orientation varies for the different graduate programs we offer. Depending on which graduate program you are admitted to please be sure to note of the orientation time window. All programs conduct orientation at the beginning of Fall & Spring semester with the exception of a few programs that only begin in the fall.
Online Programs: One day evening orientation that is virtual.
Please note that final orientation agenda & details will be sent by our MBA & MS Student Experience team. Please note that orientation is mandatory and all new incoming students will be assessed a non-refundable mandatory CBA Orientation & 1st Year Success fee.
If you have any questions/inquiries relating to orientation, please contact our Assistant Director of MBA & MS Student Experience, Hisham Talib.