How to Apply
Admission eligibility for the Bauer MBA Program requires a four-year undergraduate degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited institution. The undergraduate degree may be in any discipline.
GMAT Test Waivers
GMAT waivers may be available for qualified applicants who can demonstrate several years of professional experience or can provide proof of a high level of quantitative and analytical knowledge. In order to verify your eligibility for GMAT waiver, you must submit an online application and all other admissions requirements for admission committee review. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that competitive GMAT/GRE scores may help your chances of admission and being awarded merit aid.
1. Fill out the online application
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- Pay the application fee — $50 for domestic students and $80 for international students. Application fees are waived for veterans.
2. Send in all required documents
- Follow the directions on this page under the section "Requirements."
- You'll need official transcripts, letters of recommendation, a goal statement, GMAT/GRE scores, a résumé and international students will need other documents, too.
3. Follow your application status
- You will receive a welcome email 24-48 hours after applying.
- If notified of missing items, submit promptly.
- Expect an update on your status 2-3 weeks after applying. Applicants selected to continue the process will be invited to interview.
Submit an application through Applyweb.The cost to apply for all MBA programs and Specialized Masters is $50 domestic and $80 international.
We value the extraordinary talents, experiences, and diversity that veterans bring to the Bauer MBA program. In recognition of your service, Bauer College of Business commits to waiving the application fee. Please contact us in order to receive your unique, one-time use waiver code.
The online application will include questions on the following topics:
- Personal Information
- Program of Choice
- Academic History
- Test Information (GRE, GMAT, Test of English Language Proficiency)
- Resume/Goal Statement
- Benefits & Financial Aid
- Emergency Contact Information
- Letter of Recommendation
- Texas Residency Questionnaire
Disclaimer: Subject to change without notice. Please contact your Admissions Representative if you have specific questions about the application.
Applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Scanned copies of official transcripts may be uploaded as PDF files to your online application. If admitted, however, you will not be able to enroll without the official transcript(s) showing your undergraduate degree conferral on file.
Official transcript(s) should be sent to:
University of Houston
P.O. Box 3947
Houston, TX 77253-3947
University of Houston
4302 University Dr. Rm 102
Houston, TX 77204-2012
Electronic or “Speede” Transcript:
Within the U.S., the fastest way to send your transcript is electronically. Please inquire at your previous institution about this option. Electronic transcripts can be delivered via email to email@example.com.
Scanned official copies or self-reported scores must be included in your online application. GMAT and GRE test scores are valid for five years after the test date. Scores must be valid at the time of application submission.
GRE - ETS school code: 6870
Educational Testing Service (ETS) has introduced a solution for students who have been impacted by the coronavirus to take the GRE® General Test at home until test centers can reopen. GRE testing will begin on March 27. Find more details about security measures and answers to other questions you may have on the GRE web page.
Please upload a copy of your most recent resume, highlighting your professional and academic experiences, as well as recognizable accomplishments to your online application.
In one to two pages, discuss what motivates you, how your personal and professional experience has shaped you, and how you will maximize the Bauer MBA to reach your future goals.
Letter of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required. These recommendations are gathered electronically through the online application system. You will be required to enter an email address for your recommender which will allow an online form to automatically be sent to your recommender.
An applicant is considered international if they are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident or if your last degree is from outside of the U.S. Additional transcript, proof of English language proficiency and visa requirements may need to be met. Please follow the links below for more information.
Guidelines for Transcript Information - Please note: All graduate students are required to provide proof of the attainment of a Bachelor's degree before enrolling at the University of Houston. Credential Evaluations are completed in house at the Graduate School, and outside evaluations will not be accepted.
F-1 Visa Information - these documents are not required until AFTER you are offered admission.
English Language Proficiency
English Language Proficiency Requirements - All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship status, must demonstrate proficiency in English to obtain admission to the university. To fulfill this requirement, applicants must satisfy one of the following criteria:
Baccalaureate degree (or higher) earned from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or at an institution at which English is the medium of instruction in the following countries: American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, Federated States of Micronesia Islands, Monserrat, New Zealand, Nigeria, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Helena, South Africa, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Ireland & Wales), United States, Virgin Islands and Zimbabwe.
TOEFL - The Bauer College of Business minimum TOEFL score required is 100 for the internet-based test. The minimum TOEFL score for the new revised paper-based exam is: Reading 20, Listening 20, and Writing 20. TOEFL scores must be received directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS). The University of Houston's ETS Institutional Code is 6870.
Educational Testing Service (ETS) has introduced a solution for students who have been impacted by the coronavirus to take the TOEFL iBT® test at home until test centers can reopen. TOEFL® testing is scheduled to begin on March 26. Find more details about security measures and answers to other questions you may have on the TOEFL web page.
IELTS - The Bauer College of Business minimum IELTS score required is an overall score of a 6.5. IELTS scores should be sent electronically to The University of Houston.
*Please be advised that Bauer College of Business Graduate and Professional Programs does not currently waive the English language requirement based on completion of UH Language and Culture Center Level 6. Our college-level requirements may differ from other University of Houston graduate programs.
For international graduate applicants, the University of Houston Graduate School has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test in place of the in-person TOEFL and IELTS English proficiency exams. Duolingo English Tests are valid for two years from the date the test was taken.
The exam costs $49 (USD) and may be taken from any computer that has a camera, audio and reliable internet. The exam portion of the Duolingo English Test contains a series of speaking, reading, writing and listening exercises. Following the exam, there will be an interview portion that will ask you to respond to various prompts in 30 to 90 seconds. The exam will take about 45 minutes to complete and you will need either a passport, driver license, or national or state ID to show the camera. The score results are generally received within a few days of exam completion.
Duolingo English Test access information:
For additional information, please review the frequently asked questions.
A minimum score of 105 is required.
NOTE: International students must have a four-year degree from an accredited university to apply for an MBA or MS degree. Three-year degrees are not considered equivalent. There is no bridge program at UH. Students with a three-year degree will likely need to combine it with a completed master's degree from their home country before applying.
What to Expect
After You Have Applied
Once you have submitted your application, you will begin receiving correspondence from our Admissions Team.
- You will receive a welcome email from our Admissions Team within 24-48 hours of submission.
- If you are missing items, you will be notified via email on a weekly basis.
- You may login at any time to your online application and check your application status under the View Checklist tab.
- Upon submitting all required application documentation, you should receive an update on your status within two to three weeks.
- Interviews are the next required step for applicants who have been selected to continue the admissions process. Not every applicant is invited for interview. The interviews are by invitation only. For interview preparation tips/tools, please visit www.mba.com.
- Official decisions are sent electronically through the online application system.
Stay in contact with us — did you recently receive a promotion, receive new test scores or have any other significant updates that you'd like for us to consider with your application? Let us know by contacting our admissions team.
Steps After Admission
- Login to Applyweb and accept or decline the offer of admission. All applicants have two weeks after receiving their letter to accept our offer and reserve their seat in our class.
- Complete the New Student Survey. A link to complete this survey may be found in your offer letter.
- Download the CampusGroups App and select Bauer College of Business. You will use this application often, throughout your MBA career to connect with fellow students and staff members, access information on registration and academic advising, as well as register for upcoming events.
- Login to Applyweb and confirm that your official transcripts and official exam scores have been sent to the University of Houston. Official copies are required in order to begin enrolling in courses. For International students, please be sure that you have uploaded all required documents needed for your F1 visa.
- Be on the lookout for correspondence from our team regarding orientation, financial aid and registration. Orientation takes place in August for MBA students entering the fall semester. Students entering the spring semester can expect Orientation to take place in January.
- Register for classes.
- Join us for orientation!