Bauer Graduate Certificates
Certificate in Business Modeling and Decision Making
You must be a current Bauer graduate student (MBA or MS) to earn one of our graduate certificates listed on this page.
The primary purpose of this certificate is to enable students to build models of business problems that lead to making better decisions. Students will acquire the necessary skills to analyze unstructured business situations, develop models of those situations, explore alternative solutions through formalized approaches, and do “what if?” sensitivity analysis to gain insight into why the chosen solution makes business sense. They will be better able to structure complex problems, evaluate and prioritize alternatives, allocate scarce resources, and justify and defend decisions.
The certificate will be of interest to anyone who faces challenging business decisions of real economic consequence. This includes business analysts, financial analysts, planners, market researchers, engineers, project managers, entrepreneurs, consultants and managers.
Business Modeling & Decision Making Certificate Curriculum
(Need 9 credit hours)
- BZAN 7320 Business Modeling for Competitive Advantage (REQUIRED)
- SCM 7380 Analytics and Enterprise Operations (REQUIRED)
- MIS 7397 Predictive Analytics
- FINA 7A10 Intermediate Corporate Finance: Valuation
- FINA 7A30 Advanced Corporate Finance
- FINA 7A33 Mergers & Acquisitions I
- FINA 7372 Upstream Economics
- FINA 7373 Petrochemical & Refining Economics
- FINA/MANA 7329 Behavioral Finance
Choose 3 credit hours from:
Elective certificates are only offered to actively-enrolled Bauer MBA and MS students. The only exception applies to MBA and MS alumni, who may also return to pursue certificates.
- Business Modeling &
- Certificate of Accountancy
- Global Management
- Global Supply Chain
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership Development
- Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Real Estate