Department of Accountancy & Taxation
The Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
Every business needs an accountant. The University of Houston’s CAP program can lead to a career with staying power.
Do you have a passion for numbers? Are you organized and detail-oriented and possess a high degree of integrity? Do you want a job that offers stimulating and challenging work that is constantly evolving?
Accounting may be the answer for you.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 16 percent increase in job openings by the year 2016 and the Department of Accountancy and Taxation provides many options for returning students to position themselves for this opportunity.
One option is CAP, a non-degree seeking, post baccalaureate program. CAP is flexible, offering courses in the evening and occasionally on Saturdays to accommodate the working student. Equally, CAP offers a variety of courses to help you meet your educational and career goals by:
- Fulfilling the educational requirements necessary to sit for the Uniform CPA Exam in the state of Texas
- Fulfilling the accounting prerequisite coursework required for the Master of Science in Accountancy Program at the University of Houston
- Offering personal enrichment to students changing their careers to accounting
While completing the needed courses, students have an opportunity to earn one or more of the available certificates in Accounting, Oil and Gas Accounting or Internal Audit. For more information about CAP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us