Department of Finance
Meet Our Faculty
- The August 2013 issue of the Review of Financial Studies, one of the top three journals in finance, has three papers co-authored by our faculty.
- Out of 1700 submissions, Bauer Assistant Professor Hadiye Aslan won the Best Conference Paper Prize in the European Finance Association meetings in Cambridge University for her paper on "Do Lending Relationships Affect Corporate Financial Policies?".
- In 2010, the Department of Finance ranked 18th in the nation, according to an ASU finance research ranking*
- The department also ranked 22nd in the nation in 2010, according to a UT Dallas finance research ranking*
*The journals considered were Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics and Review of Financial Studies.
- Our faculty includes eighteen tenured and tenure track professors and several executive professors with outstanding industry experience.
- Located in the energy capital of the world, the Gutierrez Energy Management Institute at UH Bauer addresses the comprehensive needs of the energy industry, from risk and project management to accounting and systems development.
- The Cougar Fund allows select graduate students the opportunity to manage a multi-million private investment fund while taking a unique set of courses on security analysis and mutual fund management.
- Global Energy Management (GEM)
- Risk Management & Insurance Track (RMI)
- Faculty Research
- Finance Course Descriptions
- Finance Careers & Course Plans
- Latest Department News
- Program for Financial Literacy
- Finance Faculty Recruiting