The C. T. Bauer College of Business is a key reason why the University of Houston is the most diverse research university in the country. Our student body represents the rich ethnic strength of Houston, and that diversity is one of the reasons why Bauer graduates are so competitive in the global marketplace. Here are just some of the ways Bauer College leads the way in producing future leaders for the real world of business:
Click here to view UH Bauer rankings and successes.
C. T. Bauer College of Business - Student Body Profile - Fall 2011
||Part Time Eve MBA
||Full Time Day MBA
||Part Time Eve MBA
||Full Time Day MBA
|total # of Students
- Diverse: International students at the University of Houston come from more than 130 different countries in the world, making this the most diverse urban university in the nation.
- Intelligent: Bauer business students have an average score of 1278 on the SAT.
- Elite: There are more than 250 undergraduate business majors in the Honors College.
- Hard-working: One-third of our undergraduate students are fully employed while they attend college.
- Determined: Many of our undergraduates represent the first generation in their family to attend a university.
- Large: The Bauer College of Business is one of the largest AACSB - accredited undergraduate business programs in the country, with over 4,400 undergraduate students enrolled
- Part Time Evening MBA = The mean age at graduation is 31, with an age range of 24-55. (Spring 2011 graduates)
- Full Time Day MBA = The mean age at graduation is 27, with an age range of 23-40. (Spring 2011 graduates)
- Part Time Evening MBA = 45.2% (Asian students designated as ethnic minority, Fall 2011 enrollment)
- Full Time Day MBA = 54.2% (Asian students designated as ethnic minority, Fall 2011 enrollment)
- Working Adults: The majority of our Evening Program graduate students are fully employed while they attend college.
- Experienced: Executive MBA students at the University of Houston have on average at least 12 years professional experience in diverse backgrounds of industry and professions. This brings a unique perspective to the classroom because students learn as much from each other as they do their professors.
- High Achieving: The students in the Executive MBA are goal oriented individuals who strive for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. This attribute is essential in successfully graduating from the program, due to its intense courses and time frame.
- Leaders: There are over 2,000 graduates from the University of Houston Executive MBA and many have become influential leaders in their industries and the Houston community.
- Dedicated: Executive MBA students are dedicated to their achieving success at work and class. They must be organized and manage time and responsibilities to excel in the program.
- Successful: Our doctoral students have found placement as faculty in prestigious institutions around the world, including California State Polytechnic University, Butler University, Arizona State University, University of Missouri-St. Louis, Depaul University, San Francisco State University, University of Melbourne, and University of St. Thomas in Houston.
- Award Winning: In the last decade, Bauer College doctoral students have won the American Marketing Association (AMA) John Howard Award for best doctoral dissertation (twice), the Academy of Marketing Science Mary Kay Award for best dissertation, the Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Alden Clayton Award for best dissertation proposal, and the AMA Donald Lehmann Award for best dissertation-based article. [more awards]
- Purposeful: Prospective doctoral students have well-articulated scholarly intentions that fit with the research interests of current faculty, and are academically prepared to successfully undertake the quantitative demands of the program.
- Analytical: Ph.D. applicants are admitted on the basis of past academic performance. Applicants usually have demonstrated good quantitative skills.