Department of Accountancy & Taxation
Internal Audit (IA) Certificate
In order to qualify for the IA students must complete the following courses:
|ACCT 4375||Internal Audit and Entity Control Environment|
|ACCT 4380*||Control and Security of Internal Financial Information|
|ACCT 4379*||Enterprise Risk|
|ACCT 4108||Internal Audit Colloquium (spring offering only)|
*These courses require ACCT 4375 as a prerequisite
In order to receive the IA students must:
- Complete three (3) required courses and one (1) colloquium listed specifically for the certificate. Courses cannot be substituted for the required list.
- Earn a minimum letter grade of “B” for each course, and a letter grade of “S” (satisfactory) for the colloquium.
- Earn a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative and accounting GPA.
Only BBA accounting students are eligible to earn this certificate. This certificate will not be awarded to non-accounting majors.
In the Internal Audit Colloquium, students attend presentations by representatives from accounting and industry firms. The colloquium provides students with the opportunity to learn about the companies and develop relationships with representatives who provide internships and hire internal auditors. Students must have a 3.0 cumulative and accounting GPA in order to take the colloquium. ACCT 4375 is a co‐requisite or prerequisite for the IA Colloquium.
Certificates are awarded once grades are posted for the final semester of the BBA degree and the certificate requirements are verified. Certificates will be mailed 4-8 weeks after degree is posted.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Ph.D. Accounting
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us