Real Estate Program
Register for Internship:
Please Return Completed
Registration and Resume To:
Office of Real Estate Program
University of Houston,
C. T. Bauer College of Business
334 Melcher Hall Room 305, Houston, TX 77204-6021
Office: University Classroom and Business Building, Room 302
Phone: 713-743-1968, Fax: 713-743-5458
- Bandier Real Estate LLC
- Central Houston, Inc.
- Cushman & Wakefield of Texas
- Exxon Mobil
- GSL Welcome Group
- Howard Hughes Corporation – The Woodlands Development Company
- Integra Realty Resources - Houston
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Kinghorn, Driver, Hough & Co.
- Levering & Co.
- Memorial Hermann
- Moody Rambin
- NAI Houston
- NewQuest Properties
- Real Estate Research Corporation
- Shell Oil Company
- Stout Risius Ross Advisors, Inc.
- Trammell Crow Company
- Trendmaker Homes
Real estate internships give students the career building opportunity of hands on experience with major real estate firms, learning the practices and building a network of professionals.
Student Internship Success
Emily Zarcaro, MBA 2014
"I strongly encourage every real estate student to pursue any and all internship opportunities made available to them through the Graduate Real Estate Program. My summer with Midway has been beyond worthwhile; it has given me an insider perspective to several of the roles it takes to build the big picture in just a short amount of time. The experience of working closely and learning from well-respected industry leaders will serve me well for many years to come."
Employer Internship Success
Global Commercial Manager,
"It’s been my experience that the Graduate Real Estate Program prepares its students to meet today’s challenges head on. Real Estate Program graduates are not only prepared for the marketplace of the future, but also prepared to be an integral member of any business team."
Terms of Internship Employment
- Part-time/full-time: ½ time, 20 hours per week, or full-time, 40 hours per week, or otherwise as agreed by employer and employee.
- Employment: Interns are employed pursuant to the employer’s HR policies and procedures.
- Compensation: Set by employer, meets minimum wage requirements and normally range between $15 and $20/hour.
- Internship Stewardship and Accountability:
- Interns are assigned a supervisor.
- Employer develops a position with work projects that offer educational benefit to the student through developing their professional skills. This internship position should also add value to the company’s mission.
- Under employers’ guidance, interns develop three learning objectives to achieve over the duration of the internship assignment.
- Employer appraises intern performance at the conclusion of internship in order to establish accountability for student progress and to ensure that internship learning objectives were met.
Real Estate Program staff will assist in facilitating a match between employers and students based on academic and professional qualifications and industry preferences. Student resumes are sent to employers for review.
- Join a Real Estate Organization
- Real Estate Club
- Real Estate Careers
- Executive Advisory Board
- Stanford Alexander Center for Excellence in Real Estate
- Give to the Real Estate Progrm
Counseling & Advising
Time: 9 – 10:30 a.m.
Location: Real Estate Program Offices, UCBB, 302
No Appointment Necessary