Business Plan Competition for High School Students
Hosted by the Cyvia and Melvyn Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship
at the C. T. Bauer College of Business
Are you a current high school student
who wants to own your own business?
Think Tank 2021, a business plan competition, is just for you!
Participants will have the opportunity to submit a business plan,
be mentored and compete for prize money. The competition
is open only to students from high schools and programs
Friday, March 12, 2021
Due to COVID-19 we are still determining if this will be an in-person or virtual event.
The event will be during daytime hours.
Application will open on October 1, 2020 and close on December 1, 2020.
Think Tank 2020 Winners
- The Woodlands College Park High School - GoBoard - 1st Place - $3,000
- Elkins High School - EVO - 2nd Place - $2,000
- Heights High School - Bulldog Apparel - 3rd Place - $1,000
- Applicants must submit a one pager on their idea/technology.
- Applicants must submit the final slide deck intended to use.
- Slide deck must include:
- Type of business
- Who is your customer?
- What is the pain you are solving?
- Business Model
- Market Size
- Basic Financials
- Applicants must submit a YouTube video (not longer than three minutes) introducing the team and idea/technology.
- Ten finalists will be chosen.
- There is no fee for entry.
- Initial screening of entries will be done by WCE according to their own criteria to arrive at a number of finalists.
- Selected finalists will have up to ten minutes to present their idea at the final judging event. Three minutes will be allocated for Q&A. The final presentation must include a PowerPoint.
- Submissions may be entered by teams of 3 to 5 members.
- Each entrant may enter only one idea.
- Entries must be the original work of entrants.
- It is mandatory for the finalists (sponsor and team members) to attend the Business Plan Competition.