Department of Accountancy & Taxation
How to Apply to the MSACCY Program
Instructions for applying to the Master of Science in Accountancy Program (MSACCY) are available online:
All required documents, application fee, and test scores must be received by the deadline. Upon acceptance, an initial Excel skills development and assessment will be required. For more information, see the Degree Plan section. Additional information will be provided to all accepted students.
For any inquiries regarding the application process, please contact MSACCY admissions at email@example.com.
Graduate Admissions FAQs
1. How do I schedule an appointment to meet with the MSACCY admission advisor?
To schedule an appointment with the MSACCY Admissions Advisor, please
- send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- provide your availability and your myUH (PeopleSoft) identification number (ID) if applicable.
Advising appointments are only scheduled during office hours (please see the chart).
Our office is located in Classroom and Business Building (CBB), behind Melcher Hall. For directions to CBB, CLICK HERE.
For information about visitor parking, CLICK HERE.
|ADVISING OFFICE HOURS|
2. I completed the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT); however, did not request the scores to be sent to University of Houston (UH). What should I do?
Access the official GMAT website and request the scores to be reported to UH, school code XT1-26-67.
3. Can the GMAT requirement be waived?
All applicants are required to complete the GMAT and this requirement cannot be waived.
Additionally, an official GMAT score must be on file in order for your application package to be considered complete. An admission decision will not be made on an incomplete application package.
4. How many years are GMAT scores considered valid?
GMAT scores are valid for five (5) years.
5. Can the English language proficiency requirement be waived?
UH policy for the English language proficiency requirement cannot be waived unless the applicant meets guidelines for an exemption.
For more information about requirements or exemptions, CLICK HERE.
6. How many years are English language proficiency scores considered valid?
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores are valid for two (2) years.
7. I am a current or former UH-main-campus student; do I need to submit transcripts?
If UH main campus has your most up-to-date official transcripts from all other institutions attended, the transcripts do not have to be resubmitted.
In addition, current or former UH-main-campus students do not have to submit UH-main-campus transcripts.
8. I sent a request for an electronic MSACCY Letter of Recommendation (eLOR) to my recommender. What happens now?
The recommender receives an email from MSACCY Admissions containing a unique link to the eLOR.
Once the recommender completes the eLOR and clicks 'submit', the MSACCY admission team receives a notice of completion.
9. Will I be able to monitor the progress of my eLORs?
Applicants applying for Summer 2015, or any subsequent semester, may view the status of their eLORS by logging into the "Manage your Recommenders" section of the application portal.
10. What if I need to resend my request to the recommender?
Summer 2015 applicants, and applicants applying for subsequent semesters, may send eLOR reminders via the application portal. Only requests for pending eLORs can be resent.
11. I may not be able to complete all parts of the MSACCY application by the deadline. Will the committee allow an exception?
No exceptions are permitted. Incomplete applications are not reviewed by the committee. All parts of the application, including official test scores, must be submitted by deadline.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us