Resources for Students
Your professors will primarily use Canvas, a Learning Management System, to communicate with you and share content, assignments. In some cases, they may use Microsoft Teams, if that is specified in your course syllabus.
Be mindful of meeting times, assignment deadlines, and exam dates.
Login to your courses regularly to check for updates:
- Go to AccessUH on any computer to access Canvas or Microsoft 365 for Teams and other UH systems with a single log in.
- It is best to use a full computer and not a table or smartphone to access Canvas.
- Use Firefox or Chrome browsers. Do not use Apple-Safari or MS-Edge or MS-Explorer.
- Update your browser: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
- You can download the Canvas app for your smartphone or tablet, but for best results, use a full computer.
- If you need to use Lockdown Browser for exams, please use this link.
Need to improve your Off-Campus Internet?
Visit UH Infotech to learn what to do if you don't have internet at home of if you have poor performance. UH Infotech also has information about offers from major carriers and the Keep Americans Connected Program.
Quick Start Guides For Students
University Information Technology - Infotech - offers support across the board for all student, faculty, and staff IT requirements Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.