Bauer Graduate Certificates
Certificate in Business Modeling and Decision Making
You must be a current Bauer graduate student (MBA or MS) to earn one of our graduate certificates listed on this page.
The primary purpose of this certificate is to enable students to build models of business problems that lead to making better decisions. Students will acquire the necessary skills to analyze unstructured business situations, develop models of those situations, explore alternative solutions through formalized approaches, and do “what if?” sensitivity analysis to gain insight into why the chosen solution makes business sense. They will be better able to structure complex problems, evaluate and prioritize alternatives, allocate scarce resources, and justify and defend decisions.
The certificate will be of interest to anyone who faces challenging business decisions of real economic consequence. This includes business analysts, financial analysts, planners, market researchers, engineers, project managers, entrepreneurs, consultants and managers.
The certificate requires students to take three of the following courses, two of which are required:
For students who start Spring 2013 or after (need 9 hours)
- GENB 7397 / BZAN 7320 Business Modeling for Comp Advantage (REQUIRED)
- SCM 7380 Enterprise Operations and Business Intelligence (REQUIRED)
- MIS 7397 Predictive Analytics
- FINA 7A30 Advanced Corporate Finance & FINA 7A10 Intermediate Corporate Finance Valuation
- FINA 7A33 Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures & FINA 7A10 Intermediate Corporate Finance Valuation
- FINA 7372 Upstream Economics
- FINA 7373 Petrochem and Refining Econ
- FINA/MANA 7329 Behavioral Finance
- FINA 7397 Financial Engineering
- BZAN 7397 Math and Sports
Certificates: You must be a current Bauer graduate (MBA or MS Finance) student to enroll in any of our certificate programs.
- Business Consulting
- Business Modeling &
- Certificate of Accountancy
- Diversity Management Program
- Financial Services Management
- Global Management
- Global Supply Chain
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership Development
- Real Estate