Department of Graduate and Professional Programs
Bauer Graduate & Professional Programs Commencement
Information for Commencement Guests
Seating and Protocol
To ensure there is adequate seating please arrive ON TIME. Doors open 1 hour prior to each commencement ceremony and seating is on a first come first serve basis.
There will be no tickets issued and no minimum or maximum number of guests per graduate. Guests will be seated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Doors will open 1 hour before each ceremony.
- Saved seats will be released 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the procession and will be strictly enforced by security and ushers.
- Doors to Hofheinz will close if maximum capacity is reached. This decision is made by the Fire Marshall and not the University.
- Hofheinz Pavilion will be completely cleared after each ceremony, so arriving earlier than the allotted hour is not necessary.
Provisions for Guests with Disabilities
Courtesy shuttle cart service will be available at many if not all graduation parking lots. Special disability parking provisions will be given to those guests with a disabled person plate or placard. If you are an individual with a disability or you are inviting a guest who needs special assistance and have questions about Commencement, please call the Graduate and Professional Programs Office no later than 2 weeks prior to the scheduled ceremony for any additional assistance or requests. The office can be reached at 713-743-0700.
- Disabled family members and our guests will be allowed to sit in any designated handicapped pavilion suite located inside Hofheinz.
- Wheelchairs may be provided on a first come first serve basis for those guests unable to stand for extended periods of time.
- Wheelchairs are prohibited in the general seating area. Guest in wheelchairs may use the suites as well.
- Baby strollers will be allowed inside of the pavilion but are prohibited in the general seating area. They will need to be checked into a suite provided by our security personnel.
- Emergency Medical Services and First Aid will be located on premises. Any of our security personnel will be able to assist those in need of emergency medical services.
Bauer College of Business is very proud of the accomplishments of each and every student, so we want the ceremony to be a pleasant experience for everyone. This time-honored ritual includes traditional academic regalia and requires proper decorum. We ask the audience to respect the rights and feelings of other participants and guests by remaining in their seats until all of the graduates have been recognized and the ceremony has concluded. In consideration of the speakers, pagers and cell phones should be turned off or turned to silent mode during the ceremony. Families should not allow children to run up and down the aisles of Hofheinz Pavilion. Babysitting will not be provided.
For Your Safety
Although the University of Houston does not anticipate any security problems during commencement, we will be taking special measures to ensure the safety of everyone who attends the commencement ceremony. All bags and purses will be checked at the venue's entrance.
The following items are prohibited on campus:
- Illegal drugs/paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind including firearms and knives
- Animals except for registered guide dogs
The following items will not be allowed at the venue:
- Air horns
- Wrapped items
Security will be screening for these items at the venue. Smoking is not permitted inside Hofheinz Pavilion. These policies are subject to change without notice.
- MBA & MS Specialized Programs
- Joint Degrees
- Energy MBA
- Current Students
- Information Sessions & Events
- Contact Us
As a Bauer MBA student, you will have access to a wide array of developmental, job search, networking and recruitment opportunities— coupled with career guidance from experienced and well-respected career specialists.
The Rockwell Career Center has an entire team of specialists who work exclusively with Bauer MBA students for professional development services.