Dr. Fan was appointed Assistant Professor of Accounting at the C. T. Bauer College of Business in June 2011. Prior to joining the University of Houston, she had taught financial, cost, and intermediate accounting at the University of Oklahoma, where she received her Ph. D. in May 2011. Professor Fan's primary research interests include capital market-based accounting issues, misclassification of financial statement information, earnings management, and voluntary disclosure. She enjoys teaching undergraduate financial accounting and introductory doctoral seminar on accounting research.
- Capital market-based accounting research
- Misclassification of financial statement information
- Earnings management
- Voluntary disclosure
Areas of Expertise
- Financial accounting
- Fan, Y. and W. Thomas. What Determines Management Cash Flow Forecasts in the Oil and Gas Industry? Oil, Gas and Energy Quarterly 62:1 (September 2013): 37-55.
- Fan, Y., A. Barua, W. Cready, and W. Thomas. Managing Earnings Using Classification Shifting: Evidence from Quarterly Special Items. The Accounting Review 85:4 (July 2010): 1303-1323.
- Ayres, F., C. Bauman, M. Bauman, and Y. Fan. Inventory Accounting After LIFO. Commercial Lending Review (September-October 2008): 17-24.
- Mensah, M., H. Nguyen, and Y. Fan. Derivative Instruments and Their Use for Hedging by U.S. Non-Financial Firms: A Review of Theories and Empirical Evidence. Journal of Applied Business and Economics 7:2 (2007): 35-57.
Academic Associations & Editorial Boards
- American Accounting Association
- European Accounting Association
- 390L MH
- No Web Site Currently
- Principles - Financial Accounting
Ph. D. University of Oklahoma
M.B.A. University of Scranton
Bauer Faculty & Staff Directory
Find by Program
Find by Department
Find by Office
Find by Type