Keran Zhao is an Assistant Professor at the Bauer College of Business, University of Houston. Prior to arriving at the University of Houston, Dr. Zhao earned his Ph.D. from University of Illinois at Chicago and a master's degree in Information Science at University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Zhao's research interests lie in the area of digital platform design and artificial intelligence. His research investigates the design and the user behavior of the online live streaming and healthcare community with machine/deep learning and econometrics approaches.
- Online Synchronous Communication Platforms (Live Streaming)
- Social Media Analytics
- Healthcare Informatics
- Blockchain and NFT
- Zhao K., Hu Y., Hong Y., and Westland, J. C. (2021) "Understanding Characteristics of Popular Streamers on Live Streaming Platforms: Evidence from Twitch.tv." Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 22(4), pp. 1076-1098.
- Qu Z., Zhao K., Jin J., Qu E., and Lai Z. (2021) "A Novel Method Enables General Pathologists to Create Web Dynamic Forms for Synoptic Tumor Reporting." Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 145(7), pp. 864-870
- Zhao K, Lu Y, Hu Y, Hong Y., "Direct and Indirect Spillovers from Content Providers' Switching: Evidence from Online Live Streaming."
- Zhao K., Hong Y., Ma T., Lu Y., and Hu Y., "Group Size, Content Moderators, and User Engagement in Online Synchronous Content Platforms."
- Zhao K., Lu Y., Malhotra P. "Live Streaming Content Recommendation: A Heterogeneity Information Network Approach."
- Zhao K., Hong Y., Hu Y., and Lu Y., " Understanding the Role of Video Quality and Emotion in Live Streaming Viewership."
- Malhotra P., Cui Y., Zhao K., "Modeling Co-Engagement Patterns in Brand Information Networks."
Academic Associations & Editorial BoardsAssociate Editor, Electronic Commerce Research. May 1, 2021 -
- MH 290D
- No Web Site Currently
Ph.D. Management Information System, University of Illinois at Chicago
M.S. Information Science, University of Pittsburgh