PhD Student/Research Assistant
Cyrus is a doctoral student (ABD) in Strategic Management at the University of Houston, where his research follows the manager-stakeholder relationship, intersecting the literatures of strategy, family firms, business ethics, entrepreneurs, alliances and ventures, and research methods. He uses both quantitative and qualitative methods and has papers and presentations with many faculty, including his dissertation committee members - Chet Miller, Laura Cardinal, Curtis Wesley, and Wynne Chin. His case study on the listeria crisis at Blue Bell Ice Cream was recently published as a chapter in The Routledge Companion to Risk, Crisis and Emergency Management, and he has several manuscripts under review. He has presented his research at the annual conferences for the Academy of Management, the Strategic Management Society, the Southern Management Association, the Sustainability, Ethics, and Entrepreneurship Society, and the Management and Organizational Behavior Teaching Society.Before coming to the Bauer College, Cyrus enjoyed a 20-year technical and managerial career in the chemical industry. He has a MS and BS in Environmental Engineering and is a certified Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma. Cyrus teaches several courses in management, including Introduction to Strategic Management (MANA4385), Business Ethics & CSR (MANA4347), and Introduction to Management & Organizational Behavior (MANA3335) in face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats. In 2018 he was awarded the University of Houston Teaching Excellence Award in the Graduate Student category.
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
- Stakeholder contributions to firm performance: Industrial partners, value chains, and alliances; Resilience in crisis management and recovery
- Sustainability, ethics, and corporate social responsibility
- Exploratory methodologies: Quantitative (PLS-SEM Path Modeling, Monte Carlo simulation) and Qualitative (case study, grounded theory)
Areas of Expertise
- Stakeholder assessment
- Project Management
- Qualitative methods
- Structural Equation and Partial Least-Squares Path Modeling
- Lean manufacturing
- Six Sigma, process improvement/optimization
- Environmental Technology and Sustainability
BooksParks, C.B., & Cardinal, L.B. (2018). Family firms and stakeholder management: The case of Blue Bell ice cream. Ch. 21 in R.P. Gephart, C.C. Miller & K.S. Helgesson (Eds.), The Routledge Companion to Risk, Crisis and Emergency Management (pp. 341-361). New York: Routledge.
- Parks, C.B., Cardinal, L.B., & Chin, W.W. Measurement of corporate social performance using proxy data: The case for weighted stakeholder perspectives.
- Wesley, C.L., Parks, C.B., Gilbert, B.A., & Johnson, K. Initial public offerings and signals for alliance formation: Evidence from new ventures in the software industry.
- Academy of Management (STR, SIM, SAP & RM - Doctoral student representative for SAP 2017 – 2018
- The Error Management Initiative (international network)
- Strategic Management Society (Stakeholder Strategy & Strategy Practice)
- Southern Management Association
- Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society
- Lay Eucharist Minister in the Episcopal Church
- Camping and Hiking throughout Texas and U.S.
- Introduction to Strategic Management (MANA4385)
- Business Ethics & CSR (MANA4347)
- Introduction to Management & Organizational Behavior (MANA3335)
Academic Associations & Editorial Boards
Activities & Interests
University of Houston (current)
University of Texas at Austin (MS)
Northwestern University (BS)