PhD Student/Research Assistant
Cy is a third-year PhD student in Strategic Management, with specific interest in strategy as practice - a process-oriented view that examines strategy as something you do, as opposed to something you have or make. He specializes in qualitative methods, including case study, grounded theory and interpretation, but he also is interested in organizational theory, decision processes and the use of exploratory data analyses such as PLS/SEM and Bayesian methods. Before coming to Bauer, Cy enjoyed a 20-year technical and managerial career in the chemical industry. He has a MS and BS in Environmental Engineering and is a certified Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma.
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
- Decision-making network/social influences on decision-making
- Behavioral theory
- Strategic Management
- Multi-method (qualitative/quantitative) methods
- Organizational Theory and theory-building
- Organizational resilience
- CSR/CSP and environmental sustainability
Areas of Expertise
- Qualitative methods
- Lean manufacturing
- Six Sigma, process improvement/optimization
- Environmental Technology and Sustainability
- Parks, C.B., & Cardinal, L.B. Family firm governance and stakeholder management: The case of Blue Bell ice cream product contamination.
- Parks, C.B., Cardinal, L.B., & Chin, W.W. KLD unbundled: A structured replication and exploration of corporate social performance data.
- Cardinal, L.B., Fabian, F.H., Miller, C.C., & Parks, C.B. The study of managers in strategic management: Where have all the managers gone?
- Wesley, C.L., Gilbert, B.A., & Parks, C.B. Ventures, alliances and the IPO metamorphosis effect.
- Academy of Management - Strategy-As-Practice interest group - doctoral student volunteer
- Strategic Management Society
- Southern Management Association
- Lay Eucharist Minister in the Episcopal Church
- Camping and Hiking throughout Texas and US
- Introduction to Organizational Behavior and Management
Academic Associations & Editorial Boards
Activities & Interests
University of Houston (current)
University of Texas at Austin (MS)
Northwestern University (BS)