Department of Accountancy & Taxation
- Prepare accounting graduates for leadership roles in the public and private sector,
- Conduct research that is relevant to theory, practice and education,
- Perform service that benefits our College, University, and community, and
- Develop a reputation as a leading department of accountancy and taxation.
Overall Teaching Strategies:
- Recruit quality students at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Offer quality education utilizing innovative and effective instructional methods.
- Offer instructional programs that rigorously blend theory and practical applications.
- Instill our alumni with a life-long commitment to the Department, College, and University.
- Impress upon our alumni the importance of life-long learning.
- Offer students opportunities for interactions with business leaders from the community.
Undergraduate Program Teaching Strategy:
- Prepare students for accounting careers in industry, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Graduate Program Teaching Strategies:
- Prepare students for leadership positions in public accounting, industry, government, and nonprofit organizations.
- Prepare students to pass the uniform CPA exam.
- Provide students with integrated courses geared towards decision making in a global business environment.
Doctoral Program Teaching Strategies:
- Prepare students for successful careers in accounting education and research.
- Place graduates in academic institutions with strong research and educational requirements.
- Train students to function independently as competent researchers capable of producing publishable research.
- Publish articles of theoretical and empirical significance in top quality academic journals.
- Host academic workshops with nationally recognized researchers.
- Publish articles with practical implications in widely read professional journals.
- Publish instructional cases, textbooks, and other materials that facilitate the learning process.
- Develop faculty with national reputations.
- Participate in academic and professional organizations at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Engage and lead in the decision-making processes of the College and University.
- Serve as a resource to the College, University, and community.
- Host regional and national conferences.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us
Join us on campus 7/26 for a conversation on best practices for working families. Lunch will be provided. Learn more.