Bauer Graduate Certificates
Corporate Finance Certificate
You must be a current Bauer graduate student (MBA or MS) to earn one of our graduate certificates listed on this page.
The Corporate Finance Certificate prepares students for corporate finance careers, and in financial firms that advise nonfinancial firms and assist them in the implementation of their financial strategies (investment banks, consulting firms, private equity funds). A typical first position in this career track may be that of a financial analyst. In corporations, roles could include project evaluation (capital budgeting), budgeting, financial modeling, financial planning, controlling, valuation, and business development research. Higher-level corporate positions include that of a treasurer or chief financial officer of a firm.
(need 9 credit hours)
- FINA 7A10: Intermediate Corporate Finance: Valuation (1.5 cr.)
- FINA 7A20: Capital Markets (1.5 cr.)
- FINA 7A30: Advanced Corporate Finance (1.5 cr.)
- FINA 7A33: Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures (1.5 cr.)
- FINA 7360: International Finance (3.0 cr.)
Additional recommended courses:
These courses are not required, but if students are interested in taking more courses in this area, these are courses they should consider first.
- FINA 7A97: Fixed Income Security Analysis (1.5 cr.)
- FINA 7A23 Portfolio Theory and Practice (1.5 cr.)
- FINA 7370: Cases in Corporate Finance (3.0 cr.)
- ACCT 7340: Financial Statement Analysis (3.0 cr.)
- Business Modeling &
- Certificate of Accountancy
- Global Management
- Global Supply Chain
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership Development
- Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Real Estate