Rockwell Career Center
Why Hire a Bauer Grad
The C. T. Bauer College of Business produces students ready to lead the business world. Our student body is composed of more than 6,100 students, representing nearly 70 countries and multiple languages.
Students have invested time and effort into turning the lessons learned in classes and competing nationally, making headlines in prestigious tournaments. The results produced have made Bauer College one of the top business schools and has garnered rankings as the top entrepreneurship program as rated by Entrepreneur magazine and The Princeton Review; fourth ranked Evening MBA program by Bloomberg BusinessWeek; and nationally ranked at seventh for issuing BBAs for ethnic minorities.
Student Profile - Our Exceptional Students
The C.T. Bauer College of Business is a key reason why the University of Houston is the most diverse research university in the country. Our student body represents the rich ethnic strength of Houston, and that diversity is one of the reasons why Bauer graduates are so competitive in the global marketplace. Here are just some of the ways Bauer College leads the way in producing future leaders for the real world of business:
- #2 Entrepreneurship (BBA) Program in the country as rated by Entrepreneur magazine and The Princeton Review.
- There are 200 undergraduate business majors in the Honors College.
- Undergraduate business program ranks 47th in the nation among public universities according to Bloomberg BusinessWeek 2013.
- One of only 655 member schools across the globe accredited by AACSB International, the leading business school accreditation body.
- Bauer College has just under 6,000 students representing nearly 70 countries and multiple languages.
- Texas' top producer of minority baccalaureates in Business Management, Marketing and Related Support Services*
- #8 in the nation for Hispanic baccalaureates in Business Management, Marketing and Related Support Services and #4 in Texas after UT-San Antonio, UT-Pan American, and UT-El Paso. *
- Texas’ top producer for Asian American baccalaureates in Business Management, Marketing and Related Support Services *
* All data provided by Diverse Issues in Higher Education, May 2012
Bauer Student Body Profile – Fall 2011
|Gender||Undergrad||Part Time Eve MBA||Full Time Day MBA||EMBA||MS Finance||MS ACCY||Ph.D.||Males||54.6%||70.4%||65.1%||75.8%||67.5%||44.9%||60.9%|
|Ethnicity||Undergrad||Part Time Eve MBA||Full Time Day MBA||EMBA||MS Finance||MS ACCY||Ph.D.|
|total # of Students||4430||717||166||149||71||356||69|
"I chose to come to UH and Bauer because of its strong track record of success in graduating business leaders throughout the U.S... and I was extremely impressed with the caliber of faculty... I wanted to graduate with a quality degree. UH and Bauer is affordable and accommodating."
Danetta English, '04
- Diverse: International students at the University of Houston come from nearly 70 different countries in the world, making this the most diverse urban university in the nation
- Intelligent: Bauer business students have an average score of 1278 on the SAT.
- Elite: There are 250 undergraduate business majors in the Honors College.
- Hard–working: One–third of our undergraduate students are fully employed while they attend college.
- Determined: Many of our undergraduates represent the first generation in their family to attend a university.
- Large: The Bauer College of Business is one of the largest AACSB – accredited undergraduate business programs in the country, with 4,399 undergraduate business majors enrolled in fall 2010.
"The University of Houston provided me with invaluable contacts as well as a solid base of financial knowledge. My college friends are spread throughout the country and we continue to meet each other in different places each year."
- Experienced: The mean age at graduation is 31, with a age range of 24 - 55.
- Diverse: 54% of our MBA students are either ethnic minorities or international students.
- Working Adults: The majority of our Evening Program graduate students students are fully employed while they attend college.
Executive MBA Students
"As a graduate of the program, it gave me the opportunity to refocus and redirect both myself and my career. I firmly believe one of the best programs to come out of the Bauer College of Business is their Executive MBA."
Bruce Williamson, President and CEO of Cleco Corp.
- Experienced: Executive MBA students at the University of Houston have on average at least 12 years professional experience in diverse backgrounds of industry and professions. This brings an unique perspective to the classroom because students learn as much from each other as they do their professors.
- High Achieving: The students in the Executive MBA are goal oriented individuals who strive for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. This attribute is essential in successfully graduating from the program, due to its intense courses and time frame.
- Leaders: There are over 2,000 graduates from the University of Houston Executive MBA and many have become influential leaders in their industries and the Houston community.
- Dedicated: Executive MBA students are dedicated to their achieving success at work and class. They must be organized and manage time and responsibilities to excel in the program.
- Successful: Our 2005-06 doctoral students found placement as faculty in prestigious institutions around the world, including California State Polytechnic University, Butler University, Arizona State University, University of Missouri-St. Louis, Depaul University, San Francisco State University, University of Melbourne, and University of St.Thomas in Houston.
- Award Winning: In the last five years, Bauer College doctoral students have won the American Marketing Association (AMA) John Howard Award for best doctoral dissertation (twice), the Academy of Marketing Science Mary Kay Award for best dissertation, the Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Alden Clayton Award for best dissertation proposal, and the AMA Donald Lehmann Award for best dissertation-based article.
- Purposeful: Prospective doctoral students have well-articulated scholarly intentions that fit with the research interests of current faculty, and are academically prepared to successfully undertake the quantitative demands of the program.
- Analytical: Ph.D. applicants are admitted on the basis of past academic performance. Applicants usually have demonstrated good quantitative skills. The average GMAT score for last year’s entering class was 667.
- Business Career Fairs
- News & Events
- About RCC
- Contact Us
Follow the RCC:
Walk In Hours
|BBA & MSACCY Counseling||Mon. 3 – 4 p.m.|
|Tues. 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.|
|Wed. & Thurs. 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.|