Professor - Robert Grinaker Professor of Accounting and Founding Director, Nonprofit Management and Microfinance
Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1978, Accounting. CPA (Texas). She teaches and does research in the field of Government and NonProfit Accounting and her current research in Microfinance has expanded considerably. She has widely published in prestigious journals such as the Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Accounting Horizons, Advances in International Accounting, Journal of Public Budgeting Accountability and Financial Management and othersand has made numerous presentations at national and international conferences. She has successfully led the Study Abroad Programs to India since 2002 for students, faculty and administrators at the University of Houston with the next trip scheduled for Summer 2008. She is an active member of the American Accounting Association and is currently the President of the Government and NonProfit Section. Dr. Khumawala is also an advisor to several nonprofit organizations in Houston and serves on the Board of directors for Pennies for Education and Health.
- Governmental Accounting
- Accounting for not-for-profit entities
- Saleha B. Khumawala, Teresa Gordon, "Theories of Not-for-Profit Accounting: Comparison and Application of Current and Proposed Reporting Frameworks," Research in Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting, Vol. 12, 2009, [forthcoming]
- Saleha B. Khumawala, Teresa Gordon, Mary Fischer, "Tax-exempt Organizations and Nonarticulation: Estimates Are No Substitute for Disclosure of Cash Provided by Operations," Accounting Horizons, Vol. 22, No. 2, 2008, pp. 133-158
- Saleha B. Khumawala, Teresa Gordon, Marla Kraut and Janet Meade"The Quality and Reliability of Form 990 Data: Are Users Being Misled?", Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, Vol. 11, 2007, pp 27-49. This paper won the Distinguished Research Award from Allied Academies.
- Saleha B. Khumawala, Teresa P. Gordon, and Linda Parsons "Assessing the Quality of Not-for-Profit Efficiency Ratios: Do Donors use Joint Cost Allocation Disclosures?," Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Vol. 20, No. 3, 2005, pp. 287-309
- Saleha B. Khumawala, Teresa P. Gordon,, Marla Kraut and Janet Meade "The Quality and Reliability of Form 990 Data: Are Users Being Misled?" Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, Vol. 11, 2007, pp 27-49 This paper won the Distinguished Research Award by Allied Academies.
- Government and Nonprofit Accounting
- International Business: Experience in Emerging Market Economies
- Principles of Microfinance
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Bauer Faculty & Staff Directory
Find by Program
Find by Department
Find by Office
Find by Type