- "The Evolution of Corporate IT Function and the Role of the CIO at Texaco - How do Perceptions of IT's Performance Get Formed?" (with R. Hirchheim and J. Porra), second round of revisions completed for Database, Vol.34/4, pp.8-27, November, 2002
- "Sustaining Virtual Communities: Suggestions from the Colonial Model," with J. Porra, to revise and resubmit to Information Systems Research, December, 2002 (second round of revisions)
- "The Historical Research Method and Its Application to the Corporate Information Technology Function at Texaco, Inc.," with R. Hirschheim and J. Porra, submitted to Information and Organizations, December 2002
- "Forty Years of Corporate Information Systems at Texaco Inc. - A History," with R. Hirschheim and J. Porra, submitted to Information and Organizations, December, 2002
- "Forty Years of Corporate Information Technology at Texaco Inc. - An Interpretation Using a Systems Theoretical Lens," with R. Hirschheim and J. Porra, submitted to MIS Quarterly, January 2003
- "Incubating Foundations of Information Systems Issues in Creating an Electronic Journal", with James Courtney and Jaana Porra, Association for Information Systems 1997 Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- "The Electronic Commerce Course: An Early Version of Learning in the Networked World" with Blake Ives and George Weidmeyer, invited tutorial ICIS Conference 1995.
- "Multimedia Transactions or Two Years Before the Multimedia Mast", keynote speech Multimedia Communications Forum, Austin, Texas, 1994.
- "A Comparison of Machine Learning with Human Judgment", with M. Kattan and D. Adams,Journal of MIS, Spring 1993, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 37-57.
- "An Imaging Approach to Comparisons of Brain Asymmetry in PET,"Proceedings of the The Biophysical Society, Houston, 1992.
- "Mind Systems versus Brain Systems: The Biological Structure of Natural Intelligence: A Tutorial," ICIS Conference, Dallas TX, 1992.
- "OMBUDSERVICE: An Institutional Approach to Solving Student Problems," National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA), with W. Munson, Washington D.C., 1991.
- "The Disystem: A Fundamental Process of Nature", Cybernetica, No.1, 1991, pp. 5-20.
- "Representing Legal Concepts in Computational Models with Biological Architecture," with C. Walter, Proceedings of the 12th Conference on Cybernetics, Namur, Belgium, 1989.
- "Disystem Conjectures," in Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Systems Research, Informatics and Cybernetics, Baden-Baden West Germany, 1988.
- "Representing Legal Concepts as Cognitive Variables in Computational Models," Proceedings 4th International Conference on Law and Computers, Rome, 1988.
- "The Disystem as Natural Intelligence: The Conjectures and Experimental Regimen," in Cybernetics and Systems: Present and Future, J. Rose (ed), Thales Publishing, London, 1987.
- "Natural Intelligence: The Disystem Conjectures", Biophysical Society, San Francisco, 1986.
- "Natural Models of Intelligence" in Computer Power and Legal Reasoning, C. Walter (ed), West Publishing Co., pp. 5-27, 1985.
- "Natural Intelligence," chapter in Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Law, C. Walter, ed., 1984.
- "Professional Workstations," Microcomputer Audit, Control and Security Conference, Dec. 1984
- "Artificial Intelligence," presentation Systems Expo, San Antonio, TX, 1984.
- "Graphic Perspectives in DSS", HICCS Conference, 1983
- "Analysis of Investment and Production Strategies for Petroleum Reservoirs," with J. MacFarland, L. Lasdon, and A. Aggarwal, in Symposium on Oil and Gas Supply Modeling, Saul Gass, ed., 1980
- "An Application of Optimal Control Theory to Petroleum Reservoir Management," ORSA/TIMS National Meeting, Colorado Springs, 1980
- "A Preference Order Dynamic Program for the Knapsack Problem with Stochastic Rewards," Operations Research Quarterly, Vol. 30, No. 2, 1979. Reprinted in Zentralblatt fur Mathematik, 1980.
- "Dichotic Property and Teleogenesis," Kybernetes, Jan. 1979.
- "Optimal Capacity Planning," ORSA/TIMS National Meeting, 1979
- "The Use of Statistics in Litigation," Presentation to the Houston Council on Human Relations, 1978.
- "Automated Judgement: A Tutorial," American Institute of Decision Sciences, St. Louis, 1978.
- "Tutorial: Automated Judgement," American Institute of Decision Sciences, 1978
- "Temporal Placement of Unfavorable Information in Employment Interviews," Texas Psychological Association, 1977.
- "Artificial Intelligence: Conditioned Forecasting," Proceedings of the Disaggregation Conference, Ohio State Press, 1977.
- "Forecasting Critical Material Flows: Managerial Utilization of Sequential Methodology," The International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 15, No.1, 1977
- "Simulation of Managerial Thought," Cost and Management, March-April 1977.
- "A Generalized Model for Automating Judgmental Decisions," Management Science, Vol. 22 No.8, April 1976.
- "Artificial Intelligence: Large Scale Implementation," Proceedings of The American Institute of Decision Sciences, 1976.
- "Comparison of Retail Images based on Shopping Experience and Exposure to Advertising," Journalism Quarterly, Winter 1976.
- "Reality in Complex Simulation Games: Problems and Solutions," Proceedings of the American Institute of Decision Sciences, 1976.
- "Artificial Intelligence: Toward Operationality," Proceedings of the American Institute of Decision Sciences, 1973.
- "A Heuristically Operative Model for Binary Decision Simulation," Proceedings of the American Institute of Decision Sciences, 1973.
University of Georgia
Bauer Faculty & Staff Directory
Find by Program
Find by Department
Find by Office
Find by Type