- My research interests focus on strategic management and lay in the intersection of two main areas – corporate governance and socially generated assets (prestige, status, and reputation) and liabilities (stigma, stereotypes, and disapproval). My dissertation, entitled "Directors' professional devaluation from firm bankruptcy: An integrated model of the effects of various stigmas and gained experience",looks at the professional devaluation of board members due to the various types of stigma. Particularly, I developed an integrated model of the effects of stigma of incompetence, courtesy stigma, layered stigma, and gained experience on directors' professional future.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Governance
- Socially Generated Assets and Liabilities
- Signaling Theory
- Expectation Theory
- Impression Management
- Banks, M., Vera, D., Pathak, S., and Ballard, K. (in press). Stakeholder Management as a Source of Competitive Advantage: A Relationship and Portfolio Perspective. Organizational Dynamics.
- Ballard, K., Salaiz, A., Pathak, S., and Vera, D. "Boards and corporate social performance: The role of community influentials and interlocks." Under review at Strategic Management Journal.
- Jones, C., Ballard, K., and Daniels, S. "An organization impression management perspective of the unintended consequences of outside CEO succession." (Final draft completed, preparing for submission)
- Ballard K., Vera D., Pathak, S., and Werner, S. "Stigmatized event and directors' professional devaluation: Effects of various stigmas." (Data collection stage. Target: Strategic Management Journal)
- Ballard K. and Vera D., Pathak, S., and Werner, S. "Turning lemons into a lemonade: Positive consequences of bankruptcy for directors' future careers." (Data collection stage. Target: Strategic Management Journal)
- Salaiz, A., Ballard, K., Vera, D. "Is corporate social performance a balancing act? The impact of CSR and CSiR on firm reputation." (Data collection stage. Target: Strategic Management Journal)
- Member of:
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- Southern Management Association
- MH 310K
- No Web Site Currently
- MANA 3335 - Introduction to management and organizational behavior.
Academic Associations & Editorial Boards
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION,
Louisiana State University, E.J. Ourso College of Business
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, Nicholls State University
BACHELOR IN BUSINESS, Mari-El State Polytechnic University, Department of Accounting and Audit, Russia